|Release||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|A beautiful, heavy sword.|
|Exchange||6,572,278 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Armadyl godsword is one of the four legendary godswords that was fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching an Armadyl hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player.
|0 XP||-||1 (0.6s) ||6,572,278|
| Crafting level||1|
| Members only|
The Armadyl godsword's special attack, Armadyl's Judgement
The Armadyl godsword has either a special attack or a passive effect, of which only one can be active at a time. The player can switch between the two by using the godsword on the Armadyl altar in the God Wars Dungeon in the room where Kree'arra and his minions are, however entering Armadyl's Eyrie requires 70 Ranged.
The special attack is called Armadyl's Judgement, which deals 95%-375% ability damage and uses 50% adrenaline or special attack energy.
The Armadyl godsword (passive) is made by using the godsword on the Armadyl altar in Kree'arra's room in the God Wars Dungeon. This makes the godsword untradeable, loses its special attack, but gives it a passive effect that has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit: it raises the wielder's Attack and Strength levels by 1 each time, for up to 10% of the wielder's levels. However this passive is fairly unpopular as the boost does not stack with potions and so does not provide any damage boosts, unlike the special attack.
Concept art for the Armadyl godsword
Steam trading card wallpaper
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 September 2014 (Update):
- Passive versions of the Armadyl godsword no longer apply the Attack and Strength buff to the wrong person in PvP.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- Godswords can now have their passive effects toggled on again when used on the appropriate Godwars boss altar.
- patch 1 July 2014 (Update):
- The textures on the four god swords have been updated.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Lent versions of the Godswords are now correctly triggering their passive effects.
- update 5 September 2012 (Update):
- Armadyl godsword is graphically updated.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Players wielding a godsword have had their walking animations tweaked.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Godswords can now be found in the Attack skill guide.
- Before the Legacy Mode update, the Armadyl godsword had a passive effect that hit 25% of the time; when it did, it raised the wielder's Attack and Strength levels by 1 each time, for up to 10% of the wielder's attack and strength levels. However this passive was fairly unpopular as the boost did not stack with potions and so did not provide any damage boosts, unlike the special attack. Two weeks later the passive effect became an option that would replace the special attack, which can be toggled by using the godsword on the altar in the God Wars Dungeon.
- As a nod to Armadyl's aviantese, the Armadyl godsword's blade resembles a large feather following its graphical update.
- There was a glitch where during PvP, the passive effect of the Armadyl godsword used to give the Attack and Strength level boost to the opponent, not the wielder. This was fixed on 8 September 2014.
- The Armadyl Godsword is one of the items featured in the background of the default Treasure Hunter artwork.