|Release date||7 June 2011 (Update)|
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Personality[edit | edit source]
Linza is mainly interested in things related to Smithing or other handicrafts. She is always interested to learn of new techniques or materials for smithing. She does not like machines with moving parts, preferring the simplicity of a balanced sword. Her willingness to learn and obtain new techniques can lead to her taking extreme measures, often getting in way over her head and making unwise decisions.
She takes a scientific approach to her work, putting her learning, materials and creations through rigorous testing. When she learns new methods of crafting, she analyses it then picks the methods she believes will work best for her and her work.
Capabilities[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Early History[edit | edit source]
Not much is yet known about Linza's past. According to the loading screen, she has travelled around Gielinor and picked up different techniques (e.g. blurite, elemental, barbarian and dragon smithing).
When Owen, Ariane and Ozan chased after the criminal Carn to Daemonheim, Linza requested that they bring samples of ore and any new smithing techniques they might find in there. They were able to bring her some ore and new smithing techniques.
The Thalassus[edit | edit source]
Linza makes an appearance in the quest Deadliest Catch, where she makes the adventurer a giant harpoon in return for one of the Thalassus's teeth. The adventurer goes out with Jones and 'The Guns', finding the Thalassus. While they are unable to catch the fish itself, Jones manages to secure one of its teeth, which the adventurer brings to Linza.
Conversion[edit | edit source]
Linza had actually stolen the secrets of dragon smithing from the dragonkin, taking both their techniques and ore. Fearful that the Dragonkin would try to hunt her down, Linza went to Sliske for protection, who agreed to do so on the terms that she bring the World Guardian to him. Linza agreed and brought the World Guardian to him by telling them that Major Mary Rancour, Brother Samwell and Meg had gone missing. She was later "captured" and brought into Sliske's game.
After the World Guardian completed the third game Sliske had set, they decided to investigate a newly opened room that appeared with the collapse of a statue of Saradomin. In the next game, Sliske noted that the World Guardian was not making any "witty" remarks, and upon realizing that they were not there due to Meg failing to impersonate them, Sliske barged in to see where they went. The World Guardian then arrived, with Sliske proceeding to siphon part of their soul with the Staff of Armadyl, revealing that they had snooped around and discovered his plans. Completely enraged that the game was not going as planned, Sliske revealed to the group what Linza had done. Horrified, Linza attempted to defend herself by stating that she had no one else to rely on. Sliske then converted Linza into a wight on the spot, becoming Linza the Disgraced, having intended to wait until she died.
Linza was summoned alongside Nomad and Gregorovic by Sliske to kill the World Guardian. All three were killed by the World Guardian, but Sliske's magic would ensure they would not be dead for good. Linza met with the World Guardian after they were brought back to the surface by Jas, where she apologised to them for her actions, regardless of their stance towards her. Linza stated that she would remain with the Barrows brothers, believing that she could forge them better equipment, and they would be waiting at the mounds if they wished to return and fight them.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Like the other Signature Heroes, Linza can be found in many different places. However, after Kindred Spirits, she no longer appears.
Roaming[edit | edit source]
Linza can be found in several random locations. She visits each for five minutes before teleporting to another. Possible locations are:
- Al Kharid, at the furnace
- Ancient Cavern's dragon forge
- Crafting Guild
- Daemonheim, chipping at the walls east of the reward shop
- Dorgesh-Kaan, at the anvil found in the southern part of the city
- Keldagrim, at the Blast Furnace anvils
- Mining Guild, western side
Fixed[edit | edit source]
Linza may be found at these places before completion of Kindred Spirits:
- Burthorpe mine, standing in front of the entrance.
- On the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Legends' Guild, with all the other Signature Heroes.
Quest and miniquest appearances[edit | edit source]
Linza appears in the following quests and miniquests:
- In the quest Deadliest Catch, Linza is smithing at the anvils at Hemenster. During the quest, she reminisces about her experiences with hunting the mythical Crackjaw, and helps the player by giving them a giant harpoon in exchange for one of Thalassus's teeth.
- Although she does not appear, Linza is mentioned in the Fremennik Saga Three's Company, wherein Ariane, Ozan, and Sir Owen are finding new Smithing ores and techniques for her.
- Linza appeared in the old pre-eoc opening cutscene for the Burthorpe tutorial, where she smiths a sword that she gives to the player. She then waits outside a mine that the player and Ozan enter to search for trolls. The player also freed her from a mining cave-in.
- Linza is involved in the quest Kindred Spirits. During the quest, it is revealed that she stole the knowledge and materials for dragon smithing from the Dragonkin and betrayed the Player to Sliske in exchange for protection. She is betrayed by Sliske and turned into a wight, Linza the Disgraced.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 April 2012 (Update):.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Linza was smithing a red sword during Deadliest Catch, leading some to believe that it was a dragon sword, but it has been confirmed that it was merely very hot.
- There used to be a loading screen message saying that Linza may teach the player blurite, elemental, barbarian or dragon smithing, hinting at possible future releases. Though this may also mean there are already existing techniques to smith blurite, elemental, barbarian, dragon.
- After completing Elemental Workshop I, she thanks the player for re-opening the Elemental Workshop and says that the elemental bars are hard to smith despite her proficiency in smithing.
- After the completion of While Guthix Sleeps, Linza will speak to the player about lighting the dragon forge and using the blast fusion hammer even if the player never lit the dragon forge, lacks 92 Smithing, and hasn't obtained a blast fusion hammer.
- As revealed in the third Above the Lore podcast, Linza is around 39 years old.
- Linza is the third Signature Hero to die, after Sir Owen and Xenia. She is also the second Signature Hero to be resurrected as an undead being, after Sir Owen.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "I'm guessing they're made of an incredibly strong natural material, which might be a great component for weapons or armour. It'd be great for furthering my research." when discussing the Thalassus
- ^ Ariane, "Three's Company (saga)", RuneScape. "Just keep an eye out for new ores and smithing techniques. If you're good, Linza will smith you something shiny."
- ^ Sliske, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "She never learned to smith dragon weapons. She stole the secrets from the Dragonkin. Stole the ore from them as well."
- ^ a b Sliske, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "And so she came to me. She. Came. To. Me. And I made her an offer. I'd give her the strength to fend off the Dragonkin by herself, and in return she'd feed you this quest like a good little collaborator."
- ^ Sliske, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "Here's something to think of while you're on your knees; Linza betrayed you."
- ^ Linza, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I had to do it! If people found out then what would happen to me? You, Player, the world guardian, you go around punishing thieves like me who endanger the rest of the world."
- ^ Linza the Disgraced, "Sliske's Endgame", RuneScape. "Besides, after what I put you through with Sliske, you deserve to get a few punches in. I don't begrudge you that. Again, I am so sorry. So very, very sorry."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "I'd be taking it back to my workshop to put through various tests – see how well it fares in different chemicals, stress tests, try to determine what makes up its structure. Various things."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "I take a bit of all the lessons I learn, then I pick and choose the techniques to best suit the piece of work I'm busy with."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "Wow...yes, this is a very strong material, surprisingly light. Amazing, I need to do some further research on this."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "I guessed it'd have skin that could stretch to double its original size, yet remain incredibly tough."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "This isn't just some generic sword. It has precise properties, all balanced with the wielder's physique, technique and chosen application. I have to consider the weighting in ratio to the strength; how much pressure the wielder applies with a hit; the strength of their grip; their aggression levels... The list goes on."
- ^ Linza, "Deadliest Catch", RuneScape. "Let others do the fighting. I'll stick to what I'm interested in."
- ^ Mod Mark. "Game Update FAQ - 07/06/11." 7 June 2011. Recent Updates Forums.
|Lores and Histories|
|Part 4 of the Sliske quest series|