The Master fisher is a non-player character whom players can find inside the Fishing Guild. He is the head of the Fishing Guild.
As the head of the guild, the master fisher watches the entrance to the guild to make sure that only players with at least level 68 in Fishing are allowed to enter. If a player with less than level 68 talks to him, he says: "Hello, I'm afraid only the top fishers are allowed to use our premier fishing facilities." This was added after his graphical rework on 23 March 2010.
The master fisher wears the Fishing cape, and sells this cape to players with level 99 in Fishing for 99,000 coins.
During Deadliest Catch, he directs players to Linza when asked where to find a master smith to make a giant harpoon, and must be pickpocketed to obtain a sea chart.
|| Sell price
|| Buy price
|| GE price
|| Resale value
|Fishing cape||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Fishing hood||∞||99,000||Not bought||3,000||∞ (-96,000)|
|Fishing cape (t)||∞||99,000||Not bought||59,400||∞ (-39,600)|
|Fishing master cape||∞||120,000||Not bought||72,000||∞ (-48,000)|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Players no longer ask the Master Fisher about Construction skillcapes.
- patch 30 April 2013 (Update):
- A graphical issue with the Master Fisher has been fixed.
- The Master fisher's cape is shorter than a players fishing cape when they are rewarded it for gaining 99 fishing. This might be a glitch but it is unclear.