|Wolf Whistle (#132)|
|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Anthony W|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Wolf Whistle is a free-to-play quest that introduces the skill of Summoning, although it is not required to begin training the skill. The player helps druids in Taverley summon a one-of-a-kind creature to help defeat the trolls who have kidnapped one of their kin.
- 1 Overview
- 2 The missing druids
- 3 The assistants
- 4 The plan prepared
- 5 Obtaining the materials
- 6 The pouch
- 7 Scaring the trolls
- 8 Rewards
- 9 Achievements
- 10 Required for completing
- 11 Transcript
- 12 Update history
- 13 Trivia
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Pikkupstix's house, Taverley|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Official length||Short to Medium|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
The missing druids[edit | edit source]
To start, talk to Pikkupstix who is just north of Taverley's east entrance. Ask if he has any quests and he will tell the player to look into the whereabouts of his assistants Scalectrix and Bowloftrix. He will say that they were by the dry well in Taverley and are very late getting back, making him worried. Agree to go and take a look for him.
The assistants[edit | edit source]
Teleport to Taverley lodestone, head south and there will be a well. Talk to Scalectrix just outside of the well. She will mention that Bowloftrix was captured by Trolls and taken into the well and that she has been waiting for someone to help. She will say that there are too many trolls and they need to be broken up. She has already tried a Spirit wolf but the trolls just laughed at it. She will then ask the player to report what happened to Pikkupstix. The player can either take a look at the trolls and view a cutscene of Bowloftrix in trouble or talk to Pikkupstix. Either way, Pikkupstix must be talked to.
The plan prepared[edit | edit source]
Tell Pikkupstix that Bowloftrix was kidnapped by trolls. Once he is told a spirit wolf won't work, he asks the player to assist him in summoning a Giant wolpertinger. He says that the wolpertinger can emanate an aura of fear that even trolls will flee from. He will inform the player that he needs his ancient wolf bone amulet, some white hare meat, and an embroidered pouch.
Obtaining the materials[edit | edit source]
Embroidered pouch[edit | edit source]
To get the pouch, just head upstairs in Pikkupstix's house and search the cluttered drawers in the north-west corner of the room.
White hare meat[edit | edit source]
Go to the pet shop south of Pikkupstix and ask the owner about white hare meat. He will inform the player that he does indeed have some White hare meat from his supplier in Morytania and will give some to the player.
Wolf bone amulet[edit | edit source]
To get the amulet, follow the road back across the bridge. Go west past the well and up onto White Wolf Mountain. Follow the middle path on White Wolf Mountain until Stikklebrix's body is found on the ground. Search his body to obtain the ancient wolf bone amulet.
Rare summoning items[edit | edit source]
Pikkupstix will provide you the rare summoning items that are the remaining ingredients needed to make a giant wolpertinger pouch at the Obelisk in the hut.
The pouch[edit | edit source]
Talk to him again and inform him all the items are on hand. He will ensure that any of the items that get lost or damaged are returned to him. Click on the obelisk located in the east side of his house and talk to him again. The player will combine the items into a giant wolpertinger pouch. Talk to Pikkupstix once again after infusing the pouch; he will inform you that it will take the combined power of the player and Scalectrix to summon the Giant Wolpertinger. He will send you back to Scalectrix at the well.
Scaring the trolls[edit | edit source]
Head back over to the well and talk to Scalectrix. There will be a cutscene where the player and Scalectrix summon the Giant wolpertinger which scares the trolls, led by Wolf Meat and Wolf Bones, then fades away. Scalectrix and the player then free Bowloftrix from the trolls and after some dialogue, the quest will be completed.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 276 experience lamp
- 275 gold charms
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Wolf Whistle ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Wolf Whistle is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- hotfix 25 January 2018 (Update):
- coldfix 5 December 2017 (Update):
- The Wolf Whistle quest no longer awards both XP and an XP lamp upon completion.
- ninja 4 December 2017 (Update):
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- A case in which Pikkupstix requested earlier objects after giving the player the Rare ingredients in Wolf Whistle has been resolved.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Summoning a Giant Wolpertinger is a contrast to the old version of the quest, where you had to summon a Spirit Wolf to scare away a Giant Wolpertinger.
- After summoning the giant wolpertinger, your summoning points will be drained to zero, even if you have a summoning level higher than 1.
- Choosing to destroy the rare summoning items from Pikkupstix will result in some humorous dialogue from him when returning to reclaim them from him. This quest has a lot of fun with destroying quest items in general - destroying any quest item will result in an amusing and unique dialogue with the NPCs every time you go to reclaim the item. The lines are different at every stage, even the smallest stage of the quest progress.
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|