Vlad, known ingame as the Sinister Stranger, is a non-hostile vampyre who decided to enter the Fishing Contest in Hemenster. He took up fishing as a hobby on the advice of his doctor, as a way to relax. When stressed, he tends to get thirsty, and may be close to feeding. He has a spot near some pipes as he likes the smell coming from them. He did not give his name to Bonzo, who refers to him as a stranger in black.
He is very cagey about his vampyric heritage and denies being a vampyre when asked, without prompting listing the various weaknesses he shares with them, such as a dislike of garlic, as a coincidence. If garlic is placed by the pipes, he will abandon his spot due to the "ghastly" smell.
- Vlad bears a number of features stereotypical of the modern image of a vampire. He wears a tuxedo and a long cape (the typical gothic count outfit), has prominent canine teeth, pale skin, is allergic to garlic, has light sensitivity, and has an Eastern European accent. Many of his features are similar to Count Dracula and Vlad the Impaler, who was believed to be the influence for Count Dracula: both Dracula and Vlad the Impaler were Eastern European; the Sinister Stranger and popular depictions of Dracula have similar fashion sense; and both the Stranger and the Impaler share the name Vlad.
- He still uses the old graphics for vampyres.
- Though he is a vampire, he does not mind being near water, though it's likely he wears sunglasses because his eyes are bothered by sunlight.
- ^ Sinister Stranger, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "My doctor told me to take up ein velaxing hobby. Vhen I am stressed I tend to get ein little... thirsty."
- ^ Sinister Stranger, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "I tsink I may do zat soon..." When told "If you get thirsty you should drink something."
- ^ Sinister Stranger, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "I like this place. I like to savour the aroma coming from these pipes."
- ^ Bonzo, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "And the winner is… The stranger in black!"
- ^ Sinister Stranger, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "Just because I can't stand ze smell ov garlic und I don't like bright sunlight doesn't necessarily mean I'm ein vampyre!"
- ^ Sinister Stranger, "Fishing Contest", RuneScape. "Arrgh! WHAT is that GHASTLY smell??? I think I will move over here instead..."