|Death Plateau (#56)|
|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Official series||Troll #1|
|Combat||NPC combat level 4–5|
|Quest create ID||29|
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||Trolls have come down from the north and are camped on Death Plateau. They are using this base to launch attacks on the principality of Burthorpe!
The Imperial Guard is taking heavy losses. They need your help!
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Commander Denulth in the camp north-east of the lodestone in Burthorpe. Show on map|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Routing the trolls[edit | edit source]
Start the quest by talking to Commander Denulth in the training camp east of Burthorpe Castle, north-east of the lodestone. Ask him if he has any quests available and he will inform the player that Trolls have taken over Death Plateau and that his men cannot remove them. He says the trolls have been pushing hard and that they need to act before the trolls start sending in forces. He explains that the path up is blocked by Thrower Trolls and that he wants to find another route up.
The dwarf in the cave[edit | edit source]
Head west along the road and through the defensive wall to the west (through the hole where the Wall guard stands, not via the door, which is locked). From the wall, head north-west and into a cave (marked on the map with a red arrow icon, right between Warriors' Guild and the Death Plateau). Head north inside the cave and talk to Sabbot.
Tell him that an alternate route needs to be found and he will insist that it is not his problem. Tell him that you will not move until he helps and then keep saying "Fine!" until the dwarf gives in. He will explain that the best way to get up the pass is by going under the rocks by breaking into a natural cave. He will explain that his wife, Freda, has some notes that will help. Freda lives in a house to the southwest, along the path.
The dwarf's wife[edit | edit source]
From Sabbot's cave, follow the path to the West until stumbling upon a T-intersection. Do not go north on this intersection as there are trolls which will attack you. Take the path west then travel south until you see Freda's house.
Talk to Freda and the player will ask for the surveys she and her husband created. The player will tell her that they need the survey so that the Burthorpe Imperial Guard can ambush the trolls. She says she can start on the survey when she gets back from town and that she needs to dig out the information from very technical terms. She explains that she needs to go to town to get her climbing boots re-spiked. Offer to help and she will tell the player to see Dunstan in a house east of Burthorpe Castle in order to get her boots respiked.
Use your home teleport to get back to Burthorpe. Head east and talk to Dunstan just south of the training camp, and ask him to put fresh spikes on the boots. Dunstan will tell you that these are Freda's boots and your character will tell him that she told you to get them respiked. He will repair the boots which the player then needs to bring back to Freda. Note: If you happen to have your own pair of climbing boots with you too, you will lose both pairs.
The alternative route[edit | edit source]
Mine the Western 'rockwall' in Sabbot's cave. Enter the cave and Sabbot will give the player four rabbit sandwiches. Inside the cave there will be several obstacles that you must overcome. You may take some damage from them. You also in total will receive 48 Agility experience for completing these. Jump down the cliffside to the south and proceed east to a gap (marked by a green arrow on the Minimap). Go through the gap, to the east and then jump the crevice. Head all the way south and swing across the rope swing hanging from the vines. Proceed west and jump the stepping stones. Then go through the gap to the south.
Finally, climb the cliffside to the south, then exit the cave. A cutscene will play where the player talks about ambushing the trolls while a troll named The Map walks up to them. Talk to The Map and say "Prepare to die troll". The Map will then attack you. He is weak to water spells and is extremely easy to defeat, only having 100 life points, and he rarely hits high. Once he's dead, you should return to Burthorpe via the Home Teleport spell.
The Map will not be registered as killed if you are in a group.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Talk to Commander Denulth. The player will inform him that they found a good spot to ambush the trolls. A cutscene will occur where the player directs an ambush against the trolls on Death Plateau. Denulth will remark on how well the ambush went and the quest will be completed!
Reward[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point (if you have already done the old version of the quest, you will not receive the quest point)
- 3x reward lamps which give 100 experience each
- 4 rabbit sandwiches (during quest)
- Can take supplies from Commander Denulth to the Ambush Commander 5 times to receive 15 reward lamps in total
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Death Plateau ( 0) – Complete this quest.
- Supply and Demand ( 10) – Complete five supply runs after 'Death Plateau'.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Death Plateau is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- 'Phite Club
- Alpha vs Omega
- Azzanadra's Quest
- Battle of the Monolith
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full comprehension of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desert Treasure
- Desperate Creatures
- Desperate Measures
- Full comprehension of Desperate Times
- Devious Minds
- Dimension of Disaster: Curse of Arrav
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Do No Evil
- Doric's Task III (miniquest)
- Doric's Task IV (miniquest)
- Doric's Task V (miniquest)
- Doric's Task VI (miniquest)
- Doric's Task VII (miniquest)
- Doric's Task VIII (miniquest)
- Dream Mentor
- Eadgar's Ruse
- Full comprehension of Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- Eye of Het I
- Eye of Het II
- Fate of the Gods
- Full comprehension of Heart of Stone
- Full comprehension of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- King of the Dwarves
- Koschei's Troubles (miniquest)
- Mahjarrat Memories (miniquest)
- Full comprehension of Missing, Presumed Death
- My Arm's Big Adventure
- Full comprehension of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Finale
- Full comprehension of Once Upon a Time in Gielinor: Fortunes
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville (miniquest)
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Remains of the Necrolord
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad (miniquest)
- The Curse of Arrav
- The Curse of Zaros (miniquest)
- The General's Shadow (miniquest)
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Full comprehension of The World Wakes
- Troll Romance
- Twilight of the Gods
- Wandering Ga'al (miniquest)
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Design review||Mod Jack, Mod Mark, Mod Osborne|
|Art & Graphics|
|UI||Rakesh M, Thomas G|
|Characters||Mod Alec, Mod Ante, Mark C, Manu L, Bajinder S, Mod Damo|
|Environments||Mod Alex, Mod Joe, Stephen W|
|Animation||Mod Wing, Dave C, Chris W, Mod Hing, Henrik W, Mod Stu O, Simon P, Gurpreet K|
|Concept||Pascal B, Mod Piso, Mod GiuG, Mod Neil, Mod Yann|
|Quality assurance||Mod James H, Jon-Paul S, Jamie B, Ashley S, Alex D, Scott T|
|Audio||Mod Lord, Mod Bond, Mod Ian, Michael Manning|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 June 2023 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't jump the crevasse in the Death Plateau quest cave (after knocking down the wall in Sabbot's Cave).
- patch 9 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- A typo in the "Death Plateau" quest information describing a level 4 Troll, which is in fact level 2, has been fixed.
- hotfix 25 January 2018 (Update):
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Wooden beams on the side of the huts on Death Plateau can no longer be walked on.
- patch 20 August 2013 (Update):
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- Dialogue regarding the Death Plateau quest no longer appears in Troll Stronghold if players have already completed it.
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- A grammatical error in some chat during the Death Plateau quest has been corrected.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- patch 2 April 2012 (Update):
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- Some repeatable content is now available to all players after the reworked Death Plateau is complete.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The 3x reward lamps you get as a reward for delivering the 5 crates of supplies to the Ambush Commander after the quest (a total of 15 lamps) stack as 5 separate items in the bank.
- During your encounter with The Map, you are in an instance with all other NPCs removed - Death Plateau to the south is devoid of trolls, and you can even go further to visit an empty version of Burthorpe that terminates just north of Heroes' Guild. The Warriors' Guild cannot be entered, but the bank is functional. The skill icons for skill tutors (e.g. Carwen Essencebinder) still appear despite the NPC not appearing. You're automatically returned to the normal version of the game once The Map is killed.
- The Map is described as level 4 in the quest start interface, despite being level 2.
|Part 1 of the Troll quest series|
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|