|Druidic Ritual (#18)|
|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Quest series||Druid's Circles|
|Main developer(s)||Anthony W|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Official description[edit | edit source]
|“||The druids have decided to join the defence of Taverley and Burthorpe, and they're looking to get their god on their side. By concocting a potion with the help of their herbal specialist, you'll gain Guthix's favour and send the trolls packing.||”|
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Kaqemeex in the stone circle south of the Heroes' Guild|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable. None|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Guthix's attention[edit | edit source]
To start the quest, talk to Kaqemeex, who is located in the stone circle south of the Heroes' Guild. He says that they need help dealing with the trolls, but Guthix doesn't seem to think that the chaos is significant enough to do anything about. To attract the attention of Guthix, he needs help to make an ointment of imbalance. Offer to help him with his task and he will tell the player to talk to Sanfew.
Potion ingredients[edit | edit source]
Sanfew can be located in the house south-west of Pikkupstix, directly north of Jatix's Herblore Shop. Talk to him about making an ointment of imbalance for Kaqemeex, and he will ask you to get the materials for him: untainted living water, wandering wyrmwood, and some stone fish scales. He will give you a vial if you do not have one.
Untainted living water[edit | edit source]
The untainted living water must be obtained from a cave to the north inhabited by gelatinous abominations. To get to the cave, head north from Sanfew until you reach a small cave entrance (just along the treeline, south of the stone circle). Enter the cave and go as far south as possible. Find the subterranean spring at the far end of the cave and take the water from there.
Stone fish scales[edit | edit source]
Now head back south until you reach Sanfew's house again, and then go south-west until you reach the western shore of Taverley's larger lake. Fish at the Sparkling Fishing Spot just east of the wheat field to catch a stone fish using a coin. Once you have caught a stone fish, use a chisel on it to receive some stone scales.
Wandering wyrmwood[edit | edit source]
After obtaining the stone scales, head south until the wyrmwoods are seen, north of Nora T. Hagg's house and next to Sylas. The wyrmwood will be in the ground, looking like a plant. Wait until it starts to walk around and then quickly pick it to get wandering wyrmwood. This may take a few tries, as they tend to delve themselves back in quickly.
The ritual[edit | edit source]
Once the ingredients are all acquired, return to Sanfew and give them to him. He will use the ingredients to make an ointment of imbalance, and, in a cut scene, Kaqemeex will commence the ritual.
After some unnecessary "mad babbling", which Sanfew disapproves of, Kaqemeex will pour the potion over the altar. A cloud with lightning and sunshine will momentarily appear, and the circle will start growing flowers and ivy on the dead stones, indicating that the ritual is complete. The druids will conclude that Guthix has answered their request and will intervene against the trolls.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 4 quest points
- 250 experience
- 15 noted grimy guams and eye of newt
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Druidic Ritual ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Druidic Ritual is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Back to my Roots
- Birthright of the Dwarves
- Blood Runs Deep
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Dream Mentor
- Fate of the Gods
- Glorious Memories
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- In Memory of the Myreque
- Kindred Spirits
- King of the Dwarves
- King's Ransom
- Koschei's Troubles
- Legends' Quest
- Love Story
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- My Arm's Big Adventure
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- Nomad's Requiem
- One Foot in the Grave
- One of a Kind
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Sir Amik Varze
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- River of Blood
- Royal Trouble
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Swan Song
- Tales of Nomad
- The Branches of Darkmeyer
- The Light Within
- The Lord of Vampyrium
- The Lost Toys
- The Mighty Fall
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- Throne of Miscellania
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- patch 4 November 2019 (Update):
- Glitchy quest-in-progress hintarrows have been removed from Let Them Eat Pie and Druidic Ritual.
- patch 30 July 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to continue Druidic Ritual quest under certain circumstances. Players in certain states will have the quest completed on login.
- patch 4 June 2018 (Update):
- The world map marker for Druidic Ritual is now in the correct place when setting it as the active quest.
- hotfix 25 January 2018 (Update):
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- A tree has been removed that was blocking players' views in a Druidic Ritual cutscene.
- patch 28 February 2012 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When you fish for the stone fish and have coins both in your inventory and in your money pouch, one coin will be taken from your inventory, but the chatbox will say 'One coin has been removed from your money pouch'.
- If members had completed the old quest prior to the Troll Warzone update, they are able to redo it for the full reward. The old quest was also a requirement for training Herblore, but this is no longer the case.
- If the player has a knife and they select the option to use the knife on the stone fish, they get the message "The stone fish is too tough to use a knife to get the scales. You should try a chisel instead."
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|