The enchanted gem is an item used in the Slayer skill. They are sold by all Slayer Masters for one coin.
Clicking on the gem selects the 'Activate' option to allow a player to contact the slayer master that has assigned them their current slayer assignment. Clicking again on the dialogue box provides additional options:
- 1 How am I doing so far? - current assignment and kills left
- 2 Who are you?
- 3 Where are you?
- 4 Got any tips for me?
- 5 Nothing really.
An alternative to the gem is a worn Combat bracelet, which will update the player every 10 kills if it has 1 or more charges. You cannot ask for a new Slayer task through the Gems, you have to go talk to the Slayer Master in person. The Enchanted gem has a right-click option to quickly check how many monsters are left for your assignment. Before that update, checking how many kills left would be interrupted by combat, so you had to wait until the monster was defeated before checking it.
As an alternative to the enchanted gem, one can activate a Slayer counter in the Interface settings (subsection interface options). The counter is a small rectangle which shows the number of kills left in the current task, and shows the kind of monster when moused-over.
The Enchanted gem is a component of the Commorb obtained from Sir Tiffy Cashien and also the ring of slaying. If mass production of rings of slaying are required, Mandrith is closest to a bank. Note that a total stock of 300 is shared across all Slayer Equipment shops, and the Taverley Slayer Equipment shops share a second set of 300, you can also buy 250 noted gems in Enchanted gem packs from each set for a total of 1100 available at one time. These packs restock to 5 on daily reset. On top of this, each shop also restocks 1 pack every few hours. This usually adds up to 2 packs per day per shop before daily reset hits but occasionally 3 can be purchased per shop. The single gems however do not restock to 300 on daily reset and take roughly 24 hours to restock to 300 gradually.
Since the Social Slayer was introduced on 11 July 2012, players can now invite each other to simply speed up the slayer assignment by using the Ring of Slaying or an enchanted gem targeting on the partner. Note that both must be on the same assignment or one of both must have no assignment at all.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- Activating a slayer gem while on a task for Mandrith now contacts him instead of another slayer master.
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Added Enchanted Gem packs to the Slayer store for 75 gold a box. Each box contains 50 noted enchanted gems with a base stock of 5 boxes that restock at midnight.
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- The "Kills left" option on the enchanted gem in the Bank interface now displays the correct message.
- ninja 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Enchanted and grim gems can now be equipped in the pocket slot.
- patch 13 April 2015 (Update):
- Sumona will no longer be referred to as “him” when using a slayer gem.
- patch 22 June 2009 (Update):
- The description for the location of ghouls wasn’t very useful if you were getting advice via the Slayer gem.
- The Enchanted gem is referred to as a 'Slayer gem' when all the charges on a Ring of slaying are used. "The ring collapses into a Slayer gem, which you stow in your pack." It is also referred to as such in the message when the player learns to craft rings of slaying.
- After While Guthix Sleeps has been completed it is still possible to contact Duradel by asking the master "Have you got any tips for me?" after a task has been completed, if you have the correct requirements they will pass you over to Duradel.
- Before the HD update, when contacting a slayer master via the gem, it would show the slayer master in a light blue oval instead of just a face.
- If you try to invite yourself to a Social Slayer task, you will get the message: If you want something done properly, you need to do it yourself...but not on this case.
- The default contact of the enchanted gem seems to be Duradel, even for free players who has never had a Slayer task. He will then refer players to a Slayer Master more appropriate to their combat level, which can also be members-only ones that free players cannot reach.