|Release date||17 June 2002 (Update)|
|No. of stores/banks||Fishing Guild Shop and 1 Bank|
|Required level||68 Fishing|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Fishing Guild is a guild located in a fenced area north of East Ardougne and west of Hemenster. Level 68 Fishing is required to enter, though this can be boosted. Players who enter the guild with a boost and log out will be placed outside the guild, so it is advised to carry a stat-boosting item before logging out if they wish to enter immediately again.
Aside from Catherby, the Fishing Guild is one of the most popular places to fish because of the nearby bank and small obelisk. It is also one of the few guilds that is usually filled with players. For this reason, players who want to relax and socialise can visit the Fishing Guild for the perfect environment.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Use a skills necklace to teleport directly outside the Guild door.
- Teleport to Camelot and head west through Seers' Village and then south-west through Hemenster.
- Teleport to Ardougne and head north (requires Plague City).
- Use the Lunar spell Fishing Guild Teleport, or get teleported by someone casting Tele-group Fishing Guild.
- Use a combat bracelet to teleport to the Ranging Guild and head west.
- Break a plain of mud sphere to be teleported to the Goblin Cave (the dungeon area just south-east of the guild), exit through the entrance, and head west. This requires completion of the Land of the Goblins quest, however.
- Use a games necklace and teleport to the Barbarian Outpost. If a player hasn't done the pyre logs part of the Barbarian Training, they can jump right into the whirlpool just south of the outpost, at the head of the River Dougne, above Baxtorian Falls. This will transport them a few clicks west of the Fishing guild.
- Use the fairy ring code BLR and walk west.
- Using the ardougne cloak 2/3/4, teleport to the farming patch north of Ardougne and head west.
- Use the Lodestone Network and teleport to Ardougne, then head north.
Features[edit | edit source]
Fish Flingers[edit | edit source]
Fish Flingers is a Distraction and Diversion added to the game on 23 March 2010. It can be started by talking to one of the fishermen located inside and outside the Fishing Guild. You can also collect rewards or get more info about the rewards by talking to the fisherman's wife outside of the Fishing Guild.
Deep Sea Fishing[edit | edit source]
Buildings[edit | edit source]
The Fishing Guild contains three main buildings: the entrance hall, the bank, and the fishing store.
They are explained in detail below.
Entrance hall[edit | edit source]
Here is a range which players can use to cook food. It is fairly close to a bank. However, many players go to cook next to the bank in the Rogues' Den, since there is an everlasting fire next to the banker, or in the Cooking Guild with varrock armour 3. A lobster pot, harpoon, and big fishing net spawn here. There is also a ladder that leads to the second floor, which contains beds for the employees.
Bank[edit | edit source]
Players can access their bank here. It is adjacent to the fishing store. Notably, this is the closest bank to shark and lobster fishing spots. The bank is also a location used in Treasure Trails. Blowing a raspberry whilst completing a clue scroll causes a double agent to appear. This near immediate access to a bank makes the Fishing Guild brilliant for profit and experience alike. Fisherman Jones can be found just outside of the bank. He is the starting point for the quest Deadliest Catch.
Fishing store[edit | edit source]
Obelisk[edit | edit source]
The Fishing Guild contains a small obelisk for recharging Summoning points. It is right at the entrance to the northern dock. This obelisk is invaluable for players who are using familiars such as the granite crab, ibis, or granite lobster to accompany them while fishing.
Docks[edit | edit source]
There are about 11 cage/harpoon (lobsters and tuna/swordfish) spots, and about 9 net/harpoon (bass, mackerel, cod, casket, plus sharks) spots scattered around two docks. The northern dock is closest to the bank, whilst the southern dock is closest to the cooking range. There is also a man walking around on the northern dock. The northern dock usually has more cage/harpoon spots than the southern dock, whilst the southern dock usually has more net/harpoon spots, though there is a chance of the spots going on the opposite dock.
The guild is ideal for players fishing sharks, lobsters, tuna, and swordfish. The proximity of a bank and a range allows almost non-stop fishing, making it a great place to train.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Dropped items no longer float on the docks of the Fishing Guild.
- The bank booths in the Fishing Guild are now consistent in colour.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- A fence near this guild no longer causes things to disappear behind it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There's no bank in the Runescape Classic Fishing Guild. Instead, you find certers to cert your fish where the bank currently is.
- The Fishing Guild was updated on the 23 March 2010 to include the Fish Flingers Distraction and Diversion.