Dwarven army axe
|Dwarven army axe|
|Release||5 July 2011 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get a new axe from Major Rancour in the Burthorpe militia camp.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A highly useful modular tool.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Dwarven army axe is a tool that serves as a steel hatchet, bronze pickaxe, and low-level slash one-handed weapon in one item. It has no requirements to wield or use. Players can receive it by completing the To Lumbridge path. Should the axe be lost, a new one can be obtained from Major Mary Rancour.
This cannot be added to the tool belt, and if it is equipped, the player will use this tool instead of the pickaxe or hatchet in the tool belt even if it is higher tier than the army axe.
When cutting a normal tree with the Dwarven army axe, players have a chance of receiving a wooden knot. This can be crafted into an unfinished wooden brooch. When mining copper or tin ore using the Dwarven army axe, players can receive an uncut lapis lazuli gem. This can be cut into a lapis lazuli gem. The two can be then combined into a lapis lazuli brooch. The gem additionally can be used to create lapis lazuli rings, which can be enchanted into a ring of Luck.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Dwarven army axe|
|Damage (per swing)|
Bonus experience[edit | edit source]
With this item, bonus experience will be given all throughout RuneScape. Every action listed below will grant 3 more experience when the axe is wielded or in your inventory. This is added to the "base" experience of the action and stacks multiplicatively with other boosts. For example, cooking a lobster normally grants 120 xp. On a bonfire (+10% xp), it is 132 xp. With the axe, it is 123 xp. With both, it is 135.3 xp.
|Icon||Skill||Resource types (see details below)|
|Mining||Copper and tin ore|
|Crafting||Soft leather items and Soft clay|
|Cooking||Cooking any items on a fire or range|
|Hunter||Polar kebbits and Crimson swifts|
|Firemaking||Normal and oak logs|
|Fletching||Adding bronze arrowheads|
The extra Mining xp applies per strike. As the dwarven army axe only functions as a bronze pickaxe, it is only noticeable when compared to one; a higher-tiered pickaxe would mine and gain xp faster. Since the 3 xp is fixed regardless of stamina, this xp bonus is comparatively large when used at minimum stamina (where it rivals a rune pickaxe), but in practice, even an iron pickaxe gives as much xp as long as you have at least 1% stamina.
The extra Crafting xp applies to crafting soft leather items, and does not apply to adding steel studs to them. It applies to moulding soft clay on a potter's wheel - it does not apply to moulding unfired clay rings (which does not use a potter's wheel), adding water to clay to make soft clay, nor firing items in the pottery oven.
The extra xp generally only applies to cooking on a fire or range. It does not apply to, for example, mixing dough from pot of flour, mixing the ingredients to make uncooked stew, cutting cheese wheel, making wine, using a dairy churn, etc.
Despite the inspect message stating it gives bonus xp upon woodcutting normal and oak logs, it does not give bonus xp upon cutting oak.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack named Cyclone attack, which cost 100% of the special attack bar. It was guaranteed to deal 90 damage against monsters and 55 damage against players. The special attack was not reinstated with the Legacy Mode update.
- Previously, it was possible for the Dwarven army axe to switch to "pickaxe" and "mace" forms as a stab and crush weapon, which changed its appearance.
- Its name is a reference to the Swiss Army Knife, a special pocket knife that houses a variety of different everyday tools such as scissors, a corkscrew, and even a can opener.
- Originally, the axe was given out to all members by Larry the Lumberjack and Moe the Miner. Later, it was given to all players after saving the people in the mine during the Troll Warzone tutorial sub-quest 'Machinery Of War' from Linza, one of the miners.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, this was a members-only item.
- Woodcutting with the dwarven army axe has a unique animation, and it causes your offhand equipment (normally hidden during woodcutting) to appear and be swung around by the animation of the left hand, even if sheathed.
- If you obtained it prior to the To Lumbridge path, and then complete the path, it would be added to the inventory even if the player already has it, making it possible to own two of them.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Dwarven Army Axe from being used as a pickaxe.
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- The Dwarven Army Axe no longer appears too low when reclaiming it.
- patch 14 February 2012 (Update):
- Chopping ivy with the Dwarven Army Axe no longer makes players clip into a wall.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- Destroying a Dwarven Army Axe no longer refers to Moe the Mendacious and Larry the Languid.
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
|Membership thanks gifts|