Commander Jaycliff is a White Knight who appears during Kindred Spirits tied up on a torture rack with two heavy crossbows loaded with Guthan's spears aimed at him.
He took the role of a commander of the Saradominist forces during the God Wars and was known among the troops for being a bully; Dharok and Verac express clear dislike of him, the latter stating that he "wouldn't mind stabbing him even if he was alive". A week before he was due to ship out, he was in a tavern with Guthan, who was upset about his beloved Isolde abandoning him. During the course of the evening, a fight started, and Guthan killed Commander Jaycliff. Guthan, fearful for his life for killing a Saradominist commander, bargained with Sliske, forming a deal in which he and his brothers would join the crusades in return for clemency for being a war hero.
His soul was later revived by Sliske and used as part of Guthan's trial. He claimed that he had spent a long time being chastised by Saradomin for his cruel ways and regretted not being the force for good that he could have been.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ^ Verac, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I don't know why Guthan doesn't just roll over and crush that white knight."
- ^ Dharok, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "That's commander Jaycliff. He used to be the terror of our village. He was a drunk and a brawler. Personally, I hated him because he represented what I used to be. [...] He was murdered in a bar brawl a week or so before we started our crusade."
- ^ Verac, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "It's my family versus a drunk I would happily stab even if he was alive."
- ^ Guthan, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I...betrayed you all to Sliske. [...] I had the blood of a Saradominist commander on my hands! I knew an investigation would find me out and then I would hang! Sliske offered me a way out. Who would question a great Saradominist hero? And more over, how much more good could I do if I took up my sword and fought in Jaycliff's place? But it had to be all of us or none of us."
- ^ Commander Jaycliff, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I have been suffering Saradomin's displeasure since that night. He showed me that I was nothing more than a bully, and my death deprived the world of so much good I could have done, had I picked a different path."