Commander Jaycliff is a White Knight who appears during Kindred Spirits tied up on a torture rack with two heavy crossbows loaded with Guthan's spears aimed at him.
He took the role of a commander of the Saradominist forces during the God Wars and was known among the troops for being a bully; Dharok and Verac express clear dislike of him, the latter stating that he "wouldn't mind stabbing him even if he was alive". A week before he was due to ship out, he was in a tavern with Guthan, who was upset about his beloved Isolde abandoning him. During the course of the evening, a fight started, and Guthan killed Commander Jaycliff. Guthan, fearful for his life for killing a Saradominist commander, bargained with Sliske, forming a deal in which he and his brothers would join the crusades in return for clemency for being a war hero.
His soul was later revived by Sliske and used as part of Guthan's trial. He claimed that he had spent a long time being chastised by Saradomin for his cruel ways and regretted not being the force for good that he could have been.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ^ Verac, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I don't know why Guthan doesn't just roll over and crush that white knight."
- ^ Dharok, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "That's commander Jaycliff. He used to be the terror of our village. He was a drunk and a brawler. Personally, I hated him because he represented what I used to be. [...] He was murdered in a bar brawl a week or so before we started our crusade."
- ^ Verac, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "It's my family versus a drunk I would happily stab even if he was alive."
- ^ Guthan, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I...betrayed you all to Sliske. [...] I had the blood of a Saradominist commander on my hands! I knew an investigation would find me out and then I would hang! Sliske offered me a way out. Who would question a great Saradominist hero? And more over, how much more good could I do if I took up my sword and fought in Jaycliff's place? But it had to be all of us or none of us."
- ^ Commander Jaycliff, "Kindred Spirits", RuneScape. "I have been suffering Saradomin's displeasure since that night. He showed me that I was nothing more than a bully, and my death deprived the world of so much good I could have done, had I picked a different path."