50% Luke is a zombie pirate found near the mountains on Braindeath Island. As his name suggests, only half his body is flesh, the other is made of witchwood, which came from a now extinct tree. Players must sneak past him during the Rum Deal quest.
If a player wears an activated ring of Charos whilst talking to him, 50% Luke will reveal some of his history. In addition, if the player uses a tinderbox on 50% Luke, Luke will get angry and "hit a 500 hit combo" on the player.
When Luke fell overboard, he was thrown a rope by his crew, which he clung to as the ship continued on its course. When the ship passed over The Other 50% Reef, Luke was caught on the spiky coral, which mutilated the left side of his body. The reef was then given its name by The Inebriated's crew and is still labelled so on their maps today.
He also plays a role in the Rocking Out and the Pieces of Hate quests. During Pieces of Hate his leg is removed and he is then known as 66.6...% Luke. Shortly afterwards, he is seemingly killed by a swarm of 'Rum'-pumped crabs.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- When first talking to 50% Luke, you ask him if he is "All Right", indicating he has no left side of his body.
- Luke is much like a cyborg, a human with mechanical implants in its body.
- During the Rum Deal quest, when 50% Luke says, "Do you expect me to talk?", players will reply, "No Mr. Luke. I expect you to die!" - a reference to the James Bond movie Goldfinger.
- When the character asks 50% Luke for his story, Luke will say "Well, it all starts with an albatross...", this is a reference to the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by the English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in which the main character of the poem kills an albatross and ends up cursing the crew and leaving them in an undead state, similar to the state Luke is in.
- Pirates in fiction are often depicted with missing or substitute body parts (peg legs, hook-hands, eye patches, etc). 50% Luke is an extreme example of this, as he is missing 50% of his body.
- During Pieces of Hate, The player is able to recommend a large amount of new names to 50% Luke. A multitude of names are based off various trees, pirates, fictional media, Jagex Moderator and celebrities. Some of the names included are Groot, Woody Rogers, Salix, Mod Ash, The Pirate Formerly Known As Luke.