The diving apparatus is used for diving into the Mogre Camp in the waters of Port Khazard, during the Freeing Pirate Pete subquest of the Recipe for Disaster quest. It is used to get to the sea floor. It is also used in the underwater tunnel on Harmony Island during The Great Brain Robbery and Rocking Out quests, and in A Clockwork Syringe.
It is worn in the back slot, and is usually worn along with the fishbowl helmet, although a few players tend to wear it for looks. Together they are the diving outfit.
If players lose the apparatus, Murphy will provide another one if they choose the diving option when talking to him. The apparatus is obtained from Captain Braindeath during the A Clockwork Syringe quest. It can be stored along with the fishbowl helmet in the armour case of a player-owned house.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- You can no longer remove your diving kit while underwater in Rocking Out.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- You'll find it's now easier to reclaim your diving gear during Recipe for Disaster.
- This is the heaviest item worn in the back slot in the game.
- It appears to have bellows attached to the back, intentionally for pumping air in the helmet, allowing the player to breathe underwater.