Zombie protesters are members of Captain Donnie's crew found on Braindeath Island, protesting for 'rum' and wielding placards. A week earlier, the undead crew had sought to put all of the brewers to the sword, but time elapsing and their inability to penetrate the brewery drained their desire for fighting and they started protesting day and night instead. During their initial rampage, they destroyed all but one of the blindweed patches, ironically making it harder for them to get 'rum' as blindweed is a key ingredient.
Due to their presence, the brewers have been unable to leave the place, petrified of being torn apart by the zombies, their resistance wearied by slogans such as"United we stagger!" and "Give us yer rum, ye scurvy dog!". When the player leaves the brewery, the protesters follow them a small distance but do not attack, despite warnings of their viciousness.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- Corrected stat and animation visibility on this npc.
- patch 1 February 2011 (Update):
- This npc's signs no longer snap strangely when the they walk.
- Their examine information, "Sticking it to 'The Man'", is a reference to the anti-authoritarian protest slogan from the 1960s.
- They will yell out "Give us rum, or give us death!" which is a reference to Patrick Henry's "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
- ^ Captain Braindeath, "Rum Deal", RuneScape. "See, a week ago we awoke to find ourselves besieged. The lads and I have held them off so far, but 'tis only a matter of time before they sweep through the buildin' and put us all to the sword."
- ^ Captain Braindeath, "Rum Deal", RuneScape. "Day and night they seek to break our will with their chantin', and their singin' and their passive resistance! Seems they lost their fightin' spirit after the first few days. Now most of them just protest all the time."
- ^ Captain Braindeath, "Rum Deal", RuneScape. "Well, first of all, we need someone to go out the front and grow us some Blindweed. 'Tis one of the ingredients of our 'rum'. The only problem is that those rottin' fiends have torn up and destroyed all but one of the Blindweed Patches."