|Infobox • Talk page|
Kirau was a pirate from Tattanogi, an island in The Bowl region of the Wushanko Isles. He was also a friend and informant of the former Death Lotus assassin Ling. He is described by Ling as someone who knows everything, even appearing to have something of a soothsayer about him. Kirau helped Ling locate multiple of her targets, but after he was blackmailed by Quin into setting up a trap for Ling, the assassin killed him.
History[edit | edit source]
After Ling failed her assignment to assassinate Quin, she was expelled from the Death Lotus and had one of her hands cut off as punishment. She was about to have her other hand cut off, but she escaped and threw herself into the sea. Her unconscious body was picked up by the merchant ship Kirau was on.
Some time later, Kirau provided her with information about the khan of Thalassia's slavery ring. Ling killed the khan, but this event revealed her to be alive to the Death Lotus. Wu was sent to capture Ling and bring her home. Kirau located him on The Island that Reflects the Moon. Ling went there and decapitated him.
Ling's next target was the leader of the Death Lotus, Baby Tooth. Kirau reported that Baby Tooth was staying at the training camps in Tokoko. Ling headed there to kill him and stop the Death Lotus from chasing after her. She entered Baby Tooth's room and triggered a trap which caused an explosion that threw her clear of the building, leaving her unconscious. The portmaster's crew held off the assassins and carried her to the ship. Later, she visited Kirau, whom she suspected of having betrayed her. She found him sat, cross-legged in his chambers, waiting for her. He confessed: Quin had threatened Kirau with killing his family and friends if he did not set up a trap for Ling. Ling stabbed Kirau in the heart and buried him according to his customs.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
After his death, Kirau's pirates started killing Quin's sea monsters, blaming her for his death. They tried to keep Quin isolated on her island home, Paradise. Ling confessed to them that it was her who killed Kirau. His crew and family forgave her and joined her in her fight against Quin.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b In Memory of Kirau, RuneScape. "Send the Assassin to Tattanogi, the home town of Kirau. There, she will attempt to convince Kirau's pirate crew to join you in killing Quin.
The Assassin was welcomed by Kirau's family and crewmates. There was no resentment or attack, and Kirau's crew happily agreed to aid you."
- ^ The Assassin, "A Jade Frog in the Throat", RuneScape. "I have news from an old friend and informer. His name's Kirau, and his information has never failed me."
- ^ The Assassin, "Baby Tooth", RuneScape. "Kirau knows everything; I always thought he had something of the soothsayer about him."
- ^ The Assassin, "Woe for Wu", RuneScape. "After I failed to kill Quin, the Khan of the Sea, I barely returned to the Death Lotus with my life. [...] I was to leave the order. I accepted this with reluctance. Then, Baby Tooth asked me to bare my wrists. Wu, Baby Tooth's fat son, grabbed me by the forearm and raised a blade... [...] Before my hand had even hit the floor, Wu had raised his knife again. He grabbed at my other forearm, but his hands were slippery with blood. I wrested myself from his grasp, ran to the window and threw myself into the sea. A merchant ship picked my unconscious body; that's how I met Kirau."
- ^ The Assassin, "Woe for Wu", RuneScape. "Bak revealed that Wu, the one who cut off my hand, is charged with taking me home. Kirau has located him on The Island that Reflects the Moon."
- ^ The Assassin, "Baby Tooth", RuneScape. "We have to be quick. Baby Tooth, the leader of the Death Lotus assassins, is visiting the training camps of Tokoko. This may be our only chance. Kirau, my old informer, has learned that he will only be there for a day."
- ^ Baby Tooth, RuneScape. "The plot was a trap. The Assassin entered Baby Tooth's room and triggered an explosion that threw her clear of the building. Death Lotus assassins attacked, but your men held them off and carried the unconscious Assassin to the ship."
- ^ The Assassin, "Pulling the Tooth", RuneScape.
- The Assassin: I visited Kirau. He was sat, cross-legged in his chambers. He knew why I was there, but didn't move.
- Player: Did he explain why he betrayed you?
- The Assassin: He had to. Quin threatened to level Kirau's village, if he did not set a trap for me. She threatened to kill his family, friends and crewmen.
- ^ The Assassin, "Pulling the Tooth", RuneScape.
- Player: Did you let Kirau live?
- The Assassin: No, I stabbed him in the heart and buried him, according to his customs.
- ^ The Assassin, "Pulling the Tooth", RuneScape. "I plan to attack the Death Lotus at their headquarters, Pearl Fortress."
- ^ The Partner, "In Memory of Kirau", RuneScape.
- The Partner: Kirau's pirates have been killing Quin's sea monsters whenever they get a chance. They don't blame you; they blame Quin. They've been doing all they can to keep Quin isolated on her island home: Paradise.
- The Assassin: But the pirates must know that I killed Kirau! They would slit my throat before I could explain myself. And they'd have every right.
- ^ The Assassin, "In Memory of Kirau", RuneScape.
- The Assassin: I can't believe it! If they had asked me to fall on my sword, I would have. But they forgave me.
- Player: They know the real enemy, Ling.
- The Assassin: I owe them so much. You should know, I'm going to be at the front, fighting with them.
- ^ The Assassin, RuneScape. "I can scarcely believe Kirau's family forgave me. With their support, we will kill Quin - believe me."