The fishbowl helmet is obtained from Murphy in exchange for a fishbowl during the Freeing Pirate Pete subquest of the Recipe for Disaster quest. It is used, along with the diving apparatus, to dive underwater to the Mogre Camp. Together they are the diving outfit. The fishbowl helmet can be obtained from Murphy by choosing the diving option. Murphy does not require an additional fishbowl after completion of Freeing Pirate Pete.
In The Great Brain Robbery, this helmet is used with the diving apparatus, to dive in the underwater tunnel on Harmony Island. It is also used during The Great Brain Robbery, Rocking Out and A Clockwork Syringe.
If you lose the Fishbowl helmet, Murphy will give you a new one if you choose the diving option when talking to him. This helmet can be stored in the armour case of a player-owned house along with the diving apparatus.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- You can no longer remove your diving kit while underwater in Rocking Out.
- Until the removal of random events in 2012, if players got a random event underwater, the NPC would be wearing a Diving apparatus and a Fishbowl helmet, just like the player.
- Even though the player model doesn't have a mouth hole, the chatbox head does.
- Despite being members objects, the helmet and diving apparatus can be brought to Wizard Myrtle in free to play servers as a feasible diving method. It will remain on the player even after surfacing, effectively allowing free players to put on a piece of a members equipment.