|Release date||9 August 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||He used to swashbuckle his way across the seven seas.|
|NPC ID||23027, 23121|
|Infobox • (multi) • Talk page|
Cap'n Hand was formerly involved in the Lost Pirate random event. He would mistake the player for one of his shipmates and talk to the player. If the player ignored him, he would attack the player with a crossbow. He would usually hit 30 or 40 life points on the player and would shoot to the death. If a player tried to talk to him whilst he was in the process of attacking that player, he would stop attacking them and they would receive the reward from him.
After the random event update on 25 February 2009 he was retired and now resides in Port Sarim Jail with Rick Turpentine, another ex-random event character. If talked to, he will mention that he shouldn't be in jail as he gave away as much booty as he stole, this is a reference to his past services as a random event.
Upon the Raid on Port Sarim beginning on 11 July 2016, Cap'n Hand was abducted from the jail by Jed the Slaver and The Skulls, along with Rick Turpentine and several others.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 10 September 2007 (Update):
- From Pirates' Cove in the north-west to Mos Le'Harmless in the south-east, pirates everywhere are rejoicing as they unpack shipments of stunning new clothes and fashion accessories. Decked out in their new jackets, tricorns hats, hooks, peg-legs and caps, the pirates of RuneScape have never looked more... um... piratey.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Cap'n Hand's name is a parody of the villain of Peter Pan known as "Captain Hook", referring to the hook he used in place of his hand after losing it to a crocodile. It could also possibly be a reference to Israel Hands, a real life pirate and character in Treasure Island, or The Captain's Hand an episode of Battlestar Galactica. More likely it is just a pun on the phrase "cap in hand", referring to beggars.
- Despite him being in jail, Captain Hand still wields his crossbow.
- Cap'n Hand is one of the few characters in RuneScape which break the fourth wall. He tells the player to come back soon after speaking to them in Jail, claiming that the pirate he is jailed with is not very talkative "On account of having no "Talk-To" option."
- Despite the fact he seems to wield a regular crossbow he used the karil's crossbow attack animation.