Brass Hand Harry
|Brass Hand Harry|
|Release date||11 June 2008 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Pieces of Hate|
• Rocking Out
• Pieces of hate
|Examine||Talk to the hand, because the Harry ain't interested.|
|NPC ID||6698, 7854, 7857, 25311, 25341|
|Infobox • Talk page|
He is one of the five captains required to obtain the five marks. In order to obtain this captain's mark, you must repair one of his brass hands. This requires having a hammer and two bronze wires in your inventory.
He is known to be quite strict and efficient, with a sense of hierarchy over the other Captains. He is regarded as one of the most feared and influential pirates on Mos Le'Harmless.
History[edit | edit source]
According to Smithing Smith, Harry lost his right hand to a canister round, which he replaced with a hook. He then lost this hook in a battle with agents from the Customs and Excise Office off the coast of Karamja. Tired of losing his hand substitute, Harry went to Smith and asked him to make him a cutlass with a brass gauntlet fixed to the handle. Smith rigged it up with a load of straps so he wouldn't lose his hand again during fights. This is how Harry became known as Brass Hand Harry.
As Harry keeps cutting the straps while at sea, he sells the cutlasses back to Smith in exchange for a new one.
During the Battle of the Archipelago, the united pirates hunted down and fought Captain Rabid Jack. Young Ralph spotted him from Harry's ship, who commanded the crew to fire upon Rabid Jack. A cannonball hit Jack, severely wounding him. He cursed the pirates and jumped into the sea, never to be seen again for many years.
In year 169 of the Fifth Age, the adventurer discovered that Rabid Jack was behind a plan to produce a crew of enhanced zombies in Harmony Island. In order to find out the story about Rabid Jack from Young Ralph, the adventurer had to get the marks of the five pirate captains who were present at the Battle of the Archipelago, including Brass Hand Harry. The adventurer made him a new brass hand in exchange for his mark.
When Rabid Jack began to more actively pursue his agenda, Harry and his fellow captains met with Madame Shih and the same adventurer in the secret basement under Harpoon Joe's House of 'Rum', where the adventurer revealed that Jack and Mi-Gor were using the Customs and Excise Office to round up pirates and transform them into monsters using some kind of serum. Agreeing that they had to strike before Jack could complete his plans, the assembled pirates decided to interrogate the head of the zombie who had tried to assassinate the adventurer in their own house, who agreed to reveal what it knew after its demands were met.
Once it shared its information, the pirates sailed off to Kraken Tooth Island on one of Madame Shih's ships. However, upon reaching their destination the ship ran aground of a coral reef, where Rabid Jack revealed himself and had a gargantuan crassian attack the ship before kidnapping Madame Shih and leaving to begin his invasion. After the adventurer defeated Zogoth, Pirate Pete teleported everyone to Mos Le'Harmless, where an invasion force of zombie pirates, zomboats and barrelchests were laying siege to the island.
After a hard-fought battle, the pirates were able to repel Jack's army, only for Harry to point out that, considering how much preparation Jack had put into enacting his revenge, their victory had been too easy. He was proven correct when captain Izzy No-Beard arrived to the scene, almost out of breath after having to swim from the wreckage of his own ship, to reveal that the invasion had only been a distraction and that Jack had taken over the 'rum' distillery in Braindeath Island. The pirates immediately realized that Jack intended to use the 'rum' to turn anyone who drank it into monsters and that, with the distillery under his control, Jack would have the means to both mass produce his serum and deliver it to every port in Gielinor. Although Harry seemed more concerned with there being no more 'rum' than the fate of the world being at stake, the pirates decided to gather a fleet to attack Jack's base of operations while the adventurer sabotaged Jack's operation in the distillery.
After Mi-Gor's defeat, the pirate fleet set sail to Kraken Tooth Island, only to find nothing at their destination. Harry mused that perhaps the island was underwater when Jack's own fleet came out of the mist and pummelled the pirate ships with cannon fire. Although Harry and the rest of the captains seemingly went missing after the ships sank, they managed to survive and return to Mos Le'Harmless, where they celebrated upon the adventurer returning with news of Jack's defeat. Harry, however, decided to not speak of what he saw in the ocean depths, seemingly traumatized by Jack's horrors.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Smith, RuneScape. "He lost his right hand to a canister round [...] Then he lost his replacement right hook fightin' the excise men off the coast of Karamja. [...] he asked me to make him a cutlass with a brass gauntlet fixed to the handle, and rig it up with a load of straps so he could keep on fightin' without losing his hand again. He's a great man is Harry, but he keeps snappin' the straps while he's at sea, so he sells the cutlasses back to me in exchange for a new one."
- ^ Smith, RuneScape. "He's a great man is Harry, but he keeps snappin' the straps while he's at sea, so he sells the cutlasses back to me in exchange for a new one."
- ^ Mi-Gor, "The Great Brain Robbery", RuneScape. "Rabid Jack will have his crew of enhanced zombies and I will have as many test subjects as I can vivisect!"
- ^ Brass Hand Harry, "Pieces of Hate", RuneScape. "It was too easy. [...] Rabid Jack has been preparing for this fight for years. He's building an army of the undead and transforming people into horrible monsters. And we fought, what, several undead pirates and one or two of those barrelchest things? Where were the sea monsters? Those weird crab people? The mutating zombies? Where did Jack go?"
- ^ Cap'n Izzy No-Beard, "Pieces of Hate", RuneScape. "Just *wheeze* swam back from what's left of my *wheeze* ship. Rabid Jack obliterated her with cannon fire, I'm lucky to escape. This whole invasion, the massacred pirates, it was all just a cover. He and Mi-Gor have taken control of the distillery."
- ^ Brass Hand Harry, "Pieces of Hate", RuneScape. "Unless...I mean...they're all these weird undead sea devils, right? What if the island isn't...you know...above sea level?"
- ^ Brass Hand Harry, "Pieces of Hate", RuneScape. "No, no no. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to think about the things down there..."
|Part 5 of the Pirate quest series|
|Characters mentioned in the letters|