Quick guide for Rocking Out
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Bill Teach in Mos Le'Harmless or Port Phasmatys|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Long to Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Mos Le'Harmless (fairy ring DIP if you have repaired the bridge) and buy three pieces of pirate clothing from Dodgy Mike's Second-hand Clothing. If you lost your Little Book o' Piracy, talk to Bill Teach on the ship to get a new one.
- Talk to Bill Teach in The Green Ghost, The Other Inn, or on The Adventurous.
Getting arrested[edit | edit source]
Items needed: 3 pieces of pirate clothing
- Talk to the Customs Sergeant in the house in south-east Rimmington while wearing three pieces of pirate clothing. (Read the noticeboard next to the entrance door for information on the answers to the trick questions. The answers to the trick questions are different for everyone. If the sergeant tells you that they boarded the ship whose crew is congratulated on the noticeboard, tell him that that is one of their ships. He will then ask if you served on one of the other ships. Respond appropriately depending on if the ship sank or got away.)
- He will tell you to bank your items to be arrested. Do that by storing your items in the locker on the north side of the room and talk to the Customs Sergeant again.
In prison[edit | edit source]
- Once in the prison, shout-through the barred window to your east.
- Pick up the tin cup in the cell and use it on the cell door 3 times until Heavy-handed Harry throws stew on you.
- Right-click tap pipes on the pipes to the east to receive a pipe.
- Shout-through your cell door until you receive a quill, paper, and ink bottle.
- Use the quill on the ink bottle to get an inky quill. Then use the inky quill on the paper and write a message to Young Ralph.
- Use the note on the barred window.
- Young Ralph won't see the note, so pick up the accordion just outside your cell by searching in the rubble.
- Shout-through the cell to receive another paper and then use the ink bottle on the paper to get inky paper.
- Use the ink bottle (empty) on the sharp rock outside of your cell around the corner on the outside of the east-most wall to get a smashed bottle.
- Use the smashed bottle on the accordion, use the pipe on the accordion, and finally use the inky paper on the accordion to get a vacuum pump.
- Use your fishy prison uniform top on the perch rock to the east outside of your cell.
- Use your vacuum pump on the Perch rock once the seagull appears.
- Use the vacuum pump and gull on the barred window and then shout-through it.
- Speak to Young Ralph and go to the east side of the island to a dock and Dive Pier.
Captains' marks[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Hammer, two bronze wires, pirate clothing, charcoal, diving apparatus, fishbowl helmet, and ghostspeak amulet
- Travel to Braindeath Island by speaking to Pirate Pete north of Port Phasmatys.
- Go west and speak to Captain Braindeath. He will give you 5 items.
- Travel to the bar in north Port Sarim called The Rusty Anchor.
- Talk to the Bartender.
- Talk to the Bartender again.
- Repeat this about five times.
- Go outside, put on a disguise, and then ask about the rum again. Repeat this step with each disguise.
- Talk to the bartender again, this time with no disguise, and he will give you an order slip.
- While you are in the area, to save a trip, speak to Redbeard Frank to start his task.
- (To save a trip do the first 3 steps of Redbeard before this step) Go back to Braindeath Island and give the order to Captain Braindeath to receive Braindeath's mark.
- (You can skip this step if you already spoke with Redbeard Frank two steps ago.) Speak to Redbeard Frank south of the pub in Port Sarim.
- Travel to Mos Le'Harmless via the charter boat, Fairy ring DIP if you have repaired the bridge or Bill Teach and talk to Brother Tranquillity.
- Return to Redbeard Frank on the Port Sarim dock and deliver the letter.
- Put on your pirate clothing and head back to Braindeath Island (talk to Captain Braindeath for his mark if you chose to save time 4 steps back) and go down the southern stairs. When you are outside, head further south and talk to Captain Donnie to get incomplete plans.
- Head north-west to 50% Luke by the bridge and use charcoal on him. (There is charcoal in a crate on the other side of the gate near 50% Luke.)
- Return to Redbeard Frank on the Port Sarim docks and exchange the Charcoal rubbing for Frank's mark.
Bill Teach and Captain Brass Hand Harry
- Talk to Bill Teach on The Adventurous in Mos Le'Harmless to obtain an introduction letter.
- Go up the ladder in the pub in Mos Le'Harmless and speak with 50 Ships Mufassah.
- Talk to Brass Hand Harry for 5 broken hands.
- Take-apart the five broken hands.
- Use a piece on another to trigger a puzzle. Complete the puzzle to obtain a Brass hand (the interface will close automatically when the puzzle has been completed).
- Try flipping the wrist piece if you're having trouble completing the puzzle
- Talk to Brass Hand Harry (nearby) to receive an ink pad. Use the ink pad on the brass hand and then the inky hand on the paper
- Talk to Brass Hand Harry again to receive Brass Hand Harry's mark.
For the following part, you must weigh under 28 kg.
- With your diving apparatus, fishbowl helmet, and ghostspeak amulet, travel to Dragontooth Island via the Ghost captain at the row boat in Port Phasmatys (he is at the south-eastern end of the docks).
- Travel to the north-east part of Dragontooth Island and dive via the chain.
- Swim around until you find a Karamthulhu. Catch it. (It is the only fish that appears on the mini map.)
- Head over to the ship and climb-up the stairs. Open the chest to get a crowbar.
- Go back down the stairs and then down the ladder to the east.
- Go west on the bottom floor of the ship and dig the mess a couple of times to uncover the idol of many heads buried in the pile of sand and bring it back to Bill Teach to receive Bill Teach's mark.
Cap'n Izzy No-Beard
- Travel to Brimhaven and go to the Brimhaven Agility Arena, located south-east of the docks.
- Speak to Cap'n Izzy No-Beard.
- If you haven't done so yet, feel free to destroy the ink pad and hand.
- Return to the Rimmington Customs Office. Deposit all of your items in the locker and get arrested by talking to the Customs Sergeant.
- Search the bed for a crude lockpick and use it on your cell door.
- Kill one of the Customs Officers, loot the uniform and equip it to disguise yourself. (Note: Make sure you do not have lootshare enabled, as this can prevent the uniform from being dropped. If you do not get the loot, try relogging.)
- Head to the top floor and enter the room with the cabinets.
- Search the northern-most cabinet on the second column from the west for "Wanda the Fish".
- Talk to the Locker Officer and receive the brooch.
- Return to Cap'n Izzy No-Beard to receive Izzy's mark.
Back to prison and quest completion[edit | edit source]
Items needed: Izzy's mark, Bill Teach's mark, Frank's mark, Braindeath's mark, and Brass Hand Harry's mark
- Bring the 5 Marks and go back to the Customs Sergeant in Rimmington and tell him you want to make a confession. He will give you a file.
- Use one of the 5 Marks on the File, and all of them will fill it up.
- Talk to the Customs Sergeant to give him the file. Talk to him again to get sent back to prison.
- Search the bed for the crude lockpick and break out of your cell. Kill the Customs Officer(s) for another uniform then head to the top floor.
- You may get a message saying that the lock is rusty, and the lockpick does not work. Continue trying until it works.
- Go to the top floor and talk to the Locker Officer to get back the filled file that you gave the Customs Sergeant earlier.
- Head back down to your cell and shout-through the barred window to Young Ralph. A cutscene will follow. If you misclick while going through the dialogue during the cutscene you will exit it and have to start the cutscene over.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 quest points
- 25,000 experience
- 25,000 experience
- 25,000 experience
- 25,000 experience
- Free access to the Brimhaven Agility Arena
- Access to the Rock Island Prison, where players can steal from customs evidence files
- Access to a bank deposit box in Rimmington
- The ability to buy Braindeath 'rum' from The Rusty Anchor Inn
- The ability to understand pirates on Mos Le'Harmless without the book o' piracy
- The ability to catch pirate implings (with 76 )
- The ability to raise an ex-ex-parrot by speaking to Bill Teach and 50 Ships Mufassah (with 71 )
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Rocking Out is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Full completion of Battle of the Monolith (miniquest)
- Children of Mah
- City of Senntisten
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Fortunes (miniquest)
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir (saga)
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Pieces of Hate
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
|Part 5 of the Pirate quest series|