|Release||10 November 2014 (Update)|
|A spiritual zombie that sucks life out of its victims.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|92 / 61 / 30|
|90||880.2||Edimmu, Creatures of Daemonheim|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Edimmu are level 90 Slayer creatures found in the Edimmu resource dungeon in Prifddinas, which requires 115 Dungeoneering. They can only be fought while on a slayer assignment, and players will not receive an edimmu assignment unless they are able to enter the dungeon. Edimmu are assigned by Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran and Laniakea.
The original Edimmu in the dungeon are likely to be human victims of Vicendithas's crystal dragon. They would remain untouched for thousands of years until some of Meilyr Clan's best explorers discovered the dungeon and fell victim to them. As a result, more Edimmu spawned from their corpses and Clan Meilyr erected a barrier to contain the edimmu, assigning a single guard outside the barrier to ensure they would not escape.
They will attack with both magic and melee, and occasionally heal 25% of the damage they deal in combat. Their ashes can be collected in an infernal urn. Killing them has a chance to spawn an elite Edimmu. Wearing a luck enhancing ring will increase the chances of a powerful edimmu spawning.
Although considered to be a task-only monster, this is partially true; Edimmu can be killed in the Sunken Pyramid off-task via indirect damage, such as poison, dreadnips, familiars and reflect damage. Kills achieved this way still count towards the Edimmu tracker, and can still spawn elite Edimmu.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Edimmu resource dungeon||122||15||Maplink|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Like their Dungeoneering counterparts, an Edimmu's attacks has a small chance of healing them, recovering 25% of the damage dealt to the player. As zombies, they are susceptible to the effects of the Salve amulet and its enchanted version, the Undead Slayer ability and the Undead Slayer perk.
Despite being weak to slash attacks, their defences are highly deceptive - only slash weapons work against Edimmu, and all other melee weapons will have extremely low accuracy due to their 85 Defence and 30 melee affinity. Instead, players should use ranged or magic, as the Edimmus are more susceptible to these attacks compared to non-slashing melee weapons. This also saves the player time when fighting elite edimmu, as they don't have the slash weakness of their inferior brethren.
Edimmu are aggressive but fairly spread apart; a dwarf multicannon or oldak coil along with aggression potions can help bring in edimmu, but players should be careful as it is very easy to get piled from numerous edimmu attacking at once. Elite edimmu are much more dangerous than their normal ones, although they aren't aggressive but can deal considerable damage if directly attacked. Protect/Deflect Magic should only be used if more than four normal edimmu or single elite edimmu are attacking the player at once; it is fairly safe to use Soul Split with one or two attacking.
Edimmu aren't as highly aggressive compared to other monsters, but will attack players if they are next to one even if they are fighting another edimmu. Edimmu placed in the Sunken Pyramid are always unaggressive.
Drops[edit | edit source]
The average Edimmu kill is worth 51,641.28 coins.
100% drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Tortured soul (m)||1||Always||206||0|
|Tortured ashes (m)||1||Always||4,543||1|
Charms[edit | edit source]
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 11,911 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
Main drop[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity[d 1]||GE price||High Alch|
|Grimy irit (m)||5 (noted)||5/128||18,245||0|
|Grimy avantoe (m)||5 (noted)||3/128||5,870||0|
|Grimy cadantine (m)||5 (noted)||3/128||23,300||0|
|Grimy lantadyme (m)||5 (noted)||3/256||37,450||0|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||5 (noted)||3/256||54,045||0|
|Toadflax seed (m)||3||5/128||7,164||60|
|Avantoe seed (m)||3||1/32||1,575||114|
|Cadantine seed (m)||3||1/32||3,891||114|
|Magic logs||10–14 (noted)||1/16||3,860-5,404||1,920-2,688|
|Uncut diamond||3–5 (noted)||9/128||18,036-30,060||360-600|
|Fire talisman||4–8 (noted)||1/16||1,172-2,344||8-16|
|Unicorn horn dust (m)||6–10 (noted)||10/128||19,002-31,670||72-120|
|Tiny plated rune salvage||1||3/64||7,143||8,000|
|Crystal armour seed (m)||1||5/512||6,237||0|
|Crystal tool seed (m)||1||5/512||69,051||0|
|Crystal weapon seed (m)||1||5/512||71,855||0|
|Large plated rune salvage||1||3/64||30,777||32,000|
|Medium plated rune salvage||1||3/64||22,766||24,000|
|Large bladed rune salvage||1||3/64||30,730||32,000|
|Yew seed (m)||1||3/512||6,171||85|
|Crystal dagger (m)||1||1/4096||280,450||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand crystal dagger (m)||1||1/4096||269,203||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal halberd (m)||1||1/4096||275,816||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal chakram (m)||1||1/4096||269,141||Not alchemisable|
|Off-hand crystal chakram (m)||1||1/4096||236,229||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal bow (m)||1||1/4096||285,178||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal wand (m)||1||1/4096||260,523||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal orb (m)||1||1/4096||276,604||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal staff (m)||1||1/4096||270,665||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal shield (m)||1||1/4096||218,377||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal deflector (m)||1||1/4096||214,662||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal ward (m)||1||1/4096||209,332||Not alchemisable|
|Uncut dragonstone (m)||1||1/32||11,082||600|
|Rare drop table||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Tertiary drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity[d 1]||GE price||High Alch|
|Ghostly essence (m)||14–22||5/512||63,812-100,276||840-1,320|
|Blood necklace shard (m)||1||1/512||16,371,314||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite) (m)||1||1/128[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1 (m)||1||1/2000[d 3]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2 (m)||1||1/2000[d 3]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3 (m)||1||1/2000[d 3]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit sapphire (m)||1||5/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit emerald (m)||1||3/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Spirit ruby (m)||1||2/2000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter goggles||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter body||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter legs||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter backpack||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ectoplasmator (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghostly essence (m)||1–2||Very rare||4,558-9,116||60-120|
|Deployable herb burner (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cremation||1||1/1000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Rare drop table[edit | edit source]
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
Luck-enhancing items such as a ring of Wealth or luck of the Dwarves are not required to access the table.
|Rare drop table:|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- 61 Shades of Red ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Slayer monsters located within Daemonheim.
- Blood necklace shard drop
Update history[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a typo in the message that appears when super edimmu spawns in co-op slayer task.
- ninja 16 November 2015 (Update):
- ninja 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Receiving a blood shard drop is now broadcast to friends.
- Receiving a pet edimmu will now be broadcast to the current world.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- Teleporting away from powerful edimmu will no longer grant the player XP and loot when the NPC despawns.
- Players can no longer attack edimmu after their slayer assignment has finished.
- The Early Bird bonus for edimmu slayer assignment frequency has ended.
- update 10 November 2014 (Update):
- Added to game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Sumerian mythology, edimmu were the ghosts of people who were not buried properly.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for this monster was 124,261 kills.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 20 January 2015. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2018.) Mod Timbo: "Dragon Pickaxe: 1/5,000 | Blood Necklace Shard: ~1/500 normal Edimmu or ~1/50 from super Edimmu and the big one..."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 22 January 2019.) Mod Stu: "Had a look at the code: * It only drops on member worlds * Looks like a 1/1,000 drop chance, no modifiers * It just flags a variable and messages "You have unlocked the ability to burn bones on bonfires!", so it's easy to miss you've unlocked it"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
|Fremennik Slayer Dungeon|
|Lumbridge Swamp Caves|
|Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon|
|Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon|
|Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|God Wars Dungeon|
|Taverley Slayer Dungeon|
|Monastery of Ascension|
|Sophanem Slayer Dungeon|