'Bird's-Eye' Jack is the navigator of the Lady Zay and a banker on Lunar Isle. He is a good friend of Captain Bentley, having known him for over 20 years. He is also friends with Cyrisus. He occasionally has nightmares involving tinderboxes and cheese, after the ship was previously jinxed.
When the crew originally arrived at Lunar Isle, the pirates were invited to a feast, where they got drunk and offended the Moon Clan to the point where the Cabin boy was coerced into jinxing the ship into sailing in circles. A stowaway, investigating the sailing mishap, accused Jack of being bad at his job, greatly annoying Jack.
He eventually parted ways with Captain Bentley and his crew to take a job as a banker on Lunar Isle, wanting a more honest life. He reluctantly allowed the stowaway who had insulted him access to Cyrisus's bank account in order to help Cyrisus, giving them a chest to carry the items in. The stowaway later returned, informing Jack that Cyrisus had died defending them against Lucien.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- 'Bird's-Eye' Jack's chat is now consistent however you chat to him.
- One of the reasons the player gives for Jack's abysmal navigating skills is "wrong type of waves". This is a reference to "the wrong type of snow" reasoning given by British Rail in 1991 after a snow storm ground the trains to a halt, which has since become a byline for poor excuses.
- ^ 'Bird's-Eye' Jack, "Lunar Diplomacy", RuneScape. "Yet I have known him for over 20 years and he has never asked to be referred to as anything except Captain Bentley."
- ^ Cyrisus, "Dream Mentor", RuneScape. "Trust me, there's no need. Please, just go to the bank on this island, I have a friend working there. Just tell him I sent you."
- ^ 'Bird's-Eye' Jack, "Lunar Diplomacy", RuneScape. "Oh, it was horrible. I never knew the human body could contain so many mackerel. And then that thing they did with the tinderbox and the cheese... I still wake up with nightmares about that sometimes..."
- ^ 'Bird's-Eye' Jack, "Lunar Diplomacy", RuneScape. "Frankly sirrah your rudeness is quite appalling!"
- ^ 'Bird's-Eye' Jack, "Dream Mentor", RuneScape. "It is! And it's an honest living. I was tired of looting and hunting for treasure. It was time to turn my life around."