For other variants of this item, see golden
Akrisae's war mace is a two-handed weapon that is part of Akrisae the Doomed's equipment. It requires 70 Magic, 70 Attack and 70 Prayer to use. It is a melee weapon only, despite the level 70 Magic requirement.
Any given piece of Akrisae's set can only be received as a drop from the Barrows and worn after players have completed Ritual of the Mahjarrat. While the pieces are tradeable when fully repaired or fully broken (as with other barrows equipment), trading does not bypass the Ritual of the Mahjarrat requirement.
While wearing a full set of Akrisae's equipment during combat, it would randomly restore the player's prayer points equal to roughly 1/3rd of the total damage; during Player killing situations it would also drain the opponent's prayer at the same time. A smaller prayer drain of roughly 1 point every 15-20 second also occurs, even after battle. The set effect is comparable to Guthan the Infested, but it restores Prayer instead of life points.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
- Akrisae's war mace was once bugged to have only half the damage rating it should have had. Its damage rating placed it between a mithril 2h sword and an adamant 2h sword in terms of damage capability. Its damage rating was increased on 6 January 2014.
- Akrisae can still attack with magic in the Barrows despite the change.
- Despite it being a two-handed weapon, only one-handed weapon overrides will work with it. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
- For a time after the Evolution of Combat, Akrisae's war mace was labeled as a melee weapon and it gave no magic accuracy, which made the set effect hard to use since the player would frequently miss and was unable to hit to trigger the set effect. However, with the Evolution of Combat updates on 30 April 2013, Akrisae's set was reclassed as hybrid armour, allowing all three combat styles to be used equally as effective as each other, though the mace must still be used to trigger the set effect.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Akrisae's war mace is now held correctly in Legacy Mode.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Akrisae's war mace can no longer be graphically overridden by one handed weapons.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The melee strength value on Akrisae's war mace has been increased.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- Akrisae's mace now degrades at the correct rate.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.