Guthan's helm is melee armour worn in the headwear slot that is part of Guthan The Infested's set of barrows equipment. It requires level 70 Defence to equip.
Being part of Guthan's barrows set, if Guthan's helm is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Guthan's barrows set the player receives a special effect. Successful attacks have a chance of replenishing life points equal to the damage the player deals.
Despite Guthan's having more than average combat stats, it is mostly used by players to heal (and saves space that would have been used bringing food) and then they revert back to their regular melee armour. This method saves money and ultimately puts off having to repair the armour as regularly.
- Guthan's helm is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|180000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Players heads no longer detach when wearing Guthan's helm as a female.
- patch 16 January 2012 (Update):
- Guthan's helm now uses the correct skin tone on female characters.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- If a player wears this helmet (along with any other helmet with horns) and talks to any Minotaur familiar, a unique conversation occurs.