A candy floss maul is a fun weapon that could be found in a Supply cache during the Invasion of Falador, or from the Candy floss machine in the Spring Fayre.
Unlocking the weapon results in an in-game message: Sweet dreams are made of these! You've unlocked the candy floss maul.
When equipping it, an option to "Whack" other players will appear. Attempting to do so while the maul is sheathed will result in an error message of "You can't do that with the candy floss maul on your back!"
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- On the day of release, there was a bug where the maul showed an easter carrot when whacking someone.
- Unlike the easter carrot the candy floss maul's "whack" animation does function with a two-handed override allowing one to hit another with any appropriate cosmetic
- When unlocked at the Spring Fayre, the message "Sweet dreams are made of these! You've unlocked the candy floss maul," appeared. This is a reference to the Eurythmics song "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)".
- When whacking other players with your maul, you have a chance of losing your grip and dropping it.
- When dropping your maul using this method, it is possible to reclaim one from Diango or Ianto; however, you cannot pick your first maul up and you will get a message stating that you do not need another maul. Even if trying to use Telekinetic Grab to pick up the maul it will instead give this message: "I can't use Telekinetic Grab on this object."
- When dropping your maul using this method, if the maul is Keepsaked you will be unable to pick it up, and will be required to reclaim one from Diango or Ianto. This is most likely a glitch with the keepsake system acting as you own a physical due to it making a Cosmetic copy in the interface.