|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|Materials||8 Oak planks|
1 Limestone brick
|Examine||You can repair armour here.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
The armour stand is a piece of furniture that can be built in the workshop of a player-owned house. It requires level 55 Construction, 8 oak planks and 1 limestone brick, and can be used to repair many pieces of equipment.
Repairable items[edit | edit source]
The armour stand can also be used to repair the following degradable items for a price (in coins) which scales with the player's Smithing level. Contrary to popular belief, it is the player's own Smithing level and NOT that of the owner of the stand that applies for the discount. In other words, a player with 1 Smithing will pay 100% of the cost to fix an item even if they are using the armour stand in a house whose owner has 99 Smithing. For a list with prices and charges, see Equipment degradation/List#Armour stand.
- Barrows equipment
- Nightmare gauntlets
- Ancient equipment
- Drygore weaponry
- Superior tetsu, seasinger's, and death lotus equipment
- The frozen key
- Ascension crossbows
- Seismic wand and singularity
- Noxious weaponry
- Achto tempest, primeval, and teralith armour
- Blood amulet of fury, arcane blood necklace, brawler's blood necklace, and farsight blood necklace
It costs less to repair all armour at an armour stand as opposed to paying Repair NPCs.
Junk[edit | edit source]
The following 'junk' items can be repaired on an armour stand to create a random equipment of the relevant type (or broken beyond repair):
- Broken arrows: headless arrows, bronze-mithril arrows
- Broken staves: elemental staves
- Rusty swords: bronze-rune sword
- Damaged armour: bronze-rune platebody
- Broken armour: bronze-rune platelegs/plateskirt
Calculator[edit | edit source]
When using the calculator, input a repair cost value between 1 and 50000000 coins without using commas.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = cost|Normal Repair Cost|60000|int|1-50000000 param = level|Smithing Level (1-105)|1|int|1-105 param = charge|Degraded value (0% to 100%)|1|int|0-100
The formula used to calculate the cost at a repair stand is:
A player with a Smithing level of 60, for instance, would pay 70% of normal cost:
Simply put, every 2 levels in Smithing equals a 1% price reduction compared to any NPC vendor.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In a hidden update on 23 March 2010, the process of repairing is now with fewer clicks than before, requiring only two.