|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||96,000 coins|
|Low alch||64,000 coins|
|Karil the Tainted's repeating crossbow.|
|Exchange||4,154,288 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Karil's crossbow is a Two-handed crossbow ranged weapon that is part of Karil the Tainted's set of barrows equipment. To wield the crossbow, players require a Ranged level of 70. It requires ammunition called bolt racks. Both the Karil's crossbow and Karil's pistol crossbow are the only crossbows to use bolt racks.
Being part of Karil's barrows set, if it is wielded along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Karil's barrows set the player receives a special effect. On successful attacks against a player, there is a chance that it may temporarily lower that player's magic level. Like all Barrows items, this weapon and its ammunition cannot be made using the Fletching skill. Additionally, Karil's crossbow is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
Karil's crossbow can be combined with a corruption sigil to create a tainted repriser.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Barrows pistol crossbows are now tradeable.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- Even though Karil's crossbow equipped with bolt racks has a higher damage rating than a crystal bow, the crystal bow appears to hit higher.
- Karil's crossbow seems to be based on the real life Chu-Ko-Nu (諸葛弩), an ancient Chinese crossbow that used a rapid fire system.
- Karil's crossbow appears to have originated from the Eastern Lands as its ammunition is sold by an Eastern Lander named Ak-Haranu.
- This was the only hand-held weapon in the game to feature a magazine until the release of the Blisterwood stake-thrower crossbow.