Dharok's greataxe is a part of Dharok the Wretched's set of barrows equipment and is used as a melee weapon. It is wielded in two hands and requires 70 Attack and 70 Strength to wield.
Dharok's greataxe in its unused or fully charged state may be combined with a corruption sigil to create a corrupted defender.
If Dharok's Greataxe is wielded along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Dharok's barrows set, a special effect occurs called "Dharok's Might". Attacks have a chance of dealing additional damage based on the users current amount of life points. The effect does work with Threshold and Ultimate Abilities, but is greatly reduced. The set effect can only be triggered if the user is under 50% of their maximum health, but wearing an Amulet of the forsaken will remove this condition. This weapon has the attack speed of a two-handed sword. If life points are intentionally kept very low, full Dharok's does more damage per second than even chaotic weaponry (albeit at lower accuracy), making it an effective, yet expensive, training weapon. Despite the fact that it is an axe, it is similar bonus-wise to a 2-handed sword because of its very high damage output per hit and slashing impact. It is therefore highly useful in disposing monsters weak to slash attacks, such as fire giants and even abyssal demons.
Dharok's greataxe can only be traded when undamaged or fully broken.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Resolved the differences between Dharok’s axe’s inventory icon and wielded model.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- update 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Appearance and attack animations of Dharok's greataxe are updated.
- Dharok's greataxe has received two graphical updates in total. During the first update, the greataxe varied between being held over the shoulder and being held with both hands when equipped.
- The Local Thug who takes the place of Lucien after While Guthix Sleeps seems to be wielding the old version of this axe.
- There appears to be a blue, rune-coloured Dharok's Greataxe at 0:25 in the "Vote YES/NO/I DON'T CARE, RuneScape Free Trade & the Wilderness" video on the RuneScape official Youtube channel. It appears that the blue axe is wielded by Cow1337killr, who held a similar weapon during a cutscene from Animal Magnetism.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any Barrows equipment.
- Dharok's greataxe is currently bugged, having the attack and idle animations of a two handed sword rather than an axe.