A watermelon is a fruit harvested from a watermelon plant grown from a watermelon seed in an allotment patch, requiring level 47 Farming. A minimum of three watermelons is harvested at a time when farmed in an allotment. If a harvest potion is active, golden watermelons will be harvested instead of regular watermelons.
Watermelons can be sliced into watermelon slices, and are also an ingredient in summer pies and harvest potions. Watermelons are also used to craft scarecrows.
Farmers will watch over a planted jangerberry seed in exchange for 6 watermelons, a planted pineapple seed in exchange for 10 watermelons, or a planted potato cactus seed in exchange for 10 watermelons.
Watermelons can be harvested from watermelon plants grown within an allotment patch. A fully grown watermelon plant will yield a minimum of three watermelons at harvest. Each watermelon, when picked, gives 29 Farming experience.
Harvest yields for watermelon plants are determined by a "harvest lives" system. Each watermelon plant begins with three lives. Additional lives are added with the use of compost (+1 life), supercompost (+2 lives), and ultracompost (+3 lives). Every harvest action will roll a chance out of 255 on the specific patch's "Chance to Save", taking one of the harvest lives from the patch if it does not hit; the patch will be cleared when it runs out of lives. The "Chance to Save" is dependent on the player's Farming level.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
A player slices a watermelon.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Slicing watermelons will no longer cause a delay.
- patch 26 October 2009 (Update):
- Moved the eat option on pineapples and watermelon further down the list of right-click options.