Dunstan is the chief blacksmith in Burthorpe, a town in northern-western Asgarnia. He can be found smithing outside Gaius's Two-Handed Shop in north-east Burthorpe marked by the sword sign on the minimap.
Dunstan is featured in several quests: Death Plateau, Troll Stronghold, Troll Romance and Desert Treasure. During Death Plateau, Dunstan respikes Freda's climbing boots. In Troll Stronghold, his son, Godric, a member of the Burthorpe Imperial Guard, is taken captive by Mountain Trolls and must be rescued. During Troll Romance the player requires Dunstan's help in making a sled which is used to access Trollweiss mountain. During the Desert Treasure quest, Dunstan requires an iron bar and a pair of climbing boots to make a pair of spiked boots, which are needed to traverse the Ice Path.
Dunstan can repair degradable armours such as Barrows equipment and Ancient armour for the player at a price. The equipment does not need to be fully degraded in order to have it repaired. The cost of any repair is proportional to how degraded the item is. Alternatively, players can repair the armours at a cheaper price themselves at an armour stand in any player-owned house.
The cost for barrows equipment depends on the equipment slot that the item is worn in. When fully degraded, Dunstan's repair cost is as follows:
||Cost to repair
The cost for ancient armour depends on the equipment slot that the item is worn in. When fully degraded, Dunstan's repair cost is as follows:
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 6 October 2014 (Update):
- During the Troll Romance quest, Dunstan no longer greets the player too many times.
- Saint Dunstan is the patron saint of blacksmiths, as he was a smith who worked for the church.
- For a few weeks after the update of the law talisman, every town crier in the cities of Draynor, Falador and Ardougne would say: "Hear ye! Dunstan has new rewards for those who helped his son!"
- If a player had completed the Troll Stronghold quest before the update of the law talisman, upon logging on, a message in the chat box would say, "Why not stop by Dunstan's house in Burthorpe? The smithy has a special reward for you." This reward is two 10,000 experience lamps, which can only be used on skills level 30+.
- After Dunstan makes a sled for you in the Troll Romance quest, he says "Thank you, come again", which could be a reference to Apu from The Simpsons.