|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||28,200 coins|
|Low alch||18,800 coins|
|Karil the Tainted's leather skirt.|
|Exchange||1,441,880 coins (info)|
|Fresh Start Exchange||182,000 coins|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Karil's skirt is ranged armour worn in the legwear slot that is part of Karil the Tainted's set of barrows equipment. To wear Karil's skirt, a player must have 70 Defence and 70 Ranged.
Being part of Karil's barrows set, if Karil's skirt is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Karil's barrows set the player receives a special effect. On successful attacks with Karil's crossbow against a player, there is a chance that it may temporarily lower that player's Magic level. This piece of armour cannot be made using the Crafting skill.
Karil's skirt is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|198000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 5 July 2011 (Update):
- This skirt in its' broken state no longer has a large clickable area when dropped.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.