The Void Knights' Outpost is a small island in the very south of the current map, just south-west of Ape Atoll. This island is nearly abandoned on non-Pest Control worlds, but still is popular with players seeking to repair Barrows armour.
The main feature of the island is Pest Control, a co-operative multiplayer combat minigame. The landers at the south side of the island brings players to the Pest Control island when there are 5-25 players in them.
The Elder Sword engram, used for the Memorial to Guthix, is found on the south-east end of the island on top of a barrel near the beacon under a canopy.
The headquarters of the Commodore
A version of the Void Knights' Outpost before the graphical update. Note the greatly reduced size.
Concept art for the updated ferry.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- Players can no longer stand inside one of the banners on the Void Knight outpost.
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Corrected some blocking issues on the Void Knight Outpost.
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- Ashdale is no longer visible in NXT from the Void Knight Outpost
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- The bridge on the Void Outpost island no longer has a gap on the minimap and world map.
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer take pets to the Void Knights' Outpost
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- Some warped docks at the Void Knight outpost has been fixed.
- patch 6 October 2010 (Update):
- Fixed a rug at the Void Knights’ Outpost.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Blocked more of the water off around the Void Knights’ Outpost.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- Corrected some roofing on the Void Knights' Outpost.
- The island was graphically updated on 24 June 2010, with the release of Quiet Before the Swarm. Additions were made to the northwestern and eastern ends of the island, adding some new buildings and houses, with the Conquest area being added on 25 August 2010.
- During the travelling cutscene, the ship is shown docking in the western part of the island. However, the dock is to the north.
- The Squire bankers are not static NPCs, as in other banks; they keep moving at the other side of the bank counter.
- On 23 May 2016, the Void Knights' Outpost received a graphical rework, with the addition of a dark atmosphere and rainy effects.
- The islands were once part of Marimbo's territory before she lost them to the pests.