Ahrim's book of magic is part of Ahrim the Blighted's set of barrows equipment. It requires 70 Magic to wield.
If all pieces of Ahrim's barrows set are equipped, successful Magic attacks have a chance of temporarily lowering the opponent's Strength level.
Ahrim's book of magic, coupled with Ahrim's wand, can be used as an alternative to the Ahrim's staff.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- A stretching issue with Ahrim's book of magic has been resolved.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- Ahrim's book of magic, Karil's off-hand pistol crossbow, and Linza's shield are the only pieces of Barrows equipment that are worn in the off-hand (shield) slot.
- A dual wielding update for Magic made players able to cast two spells at a time, with the damage output being similar to dual wielding melee weapons. This made the wands and books have the amount of accuracy a weapon of their level has, meaning Ahrim's book of magic now has 1486 rather than 374 accuracy and vice versa with the wand.
- Ahrim's book of magic was unusual in that, for a while, it was more expensive than its main hand counterpart. This may be explained by the Wand of Treachery providing the same bonuses as Ahrim's wand, for a smaller price, but having no off-hand counterpart itself.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any Barrows equipment.