Ahrim's book of magic is a book wielded in the off-hand slot that requires level 70 magic to be wielded.
A player is able to cast spells twice as fast with a wand as with a staff, which is two-handed.
This item can be rarely obtained by looting the chest in the Barrows minigame.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- A stretching issue with Ahrim's book of magic has been resolved.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- Ahrim's book of magic and Karil's off-hand pistol crossbow are the only pieces of Barrows equipment that are worn in the off-hand (shield) slot.
- A dual wielding update for Magic made players able to cast two spells at a time, with the damage output being similar to dual wielding melee weapons. This made the wands and books have the amount of accuracy a weapon of their level has, meaning Ahrim's book of magic now has 1486 rather than 374 accuracy and vice versa with the wand.
- Ahrim's book of magic was unusual in that, for a while, it was more expensive than its main hand counterpart. This may be explained by the Wand of Treachery providing the same bonuses as Ahrim's wand, for a smaller price, but having no off-hand counterpart itself.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any Barrows equipment.