Dragon (player-owned farm)
Dragons are livestock that can be raised and bred at Manor Farm once unlocked at level 92 Farming. They can be kept in large pens, which can be built at level 60 Construction, or the breeding pen, which can be built at level 55 Construction. Large pens have a capacity of three animals each, and breeding pens have a capacity of four animals. Dragons can be obtained by breeding or as a rare drop from killing the respective chromatic dragons. The King Black Dragon and Queen Black Dragon drop black dragon eggs; royal dragon eggs can only be obtained through breeding. The large pens will need to be unlocked from the Farmers' Market before being able to build the pen.
In total, there are five different breeds, including the shiny royal dragon.
Like all farm animals, they may have up to three traits, which determine their selling price in beans to buyers, among other effects, and can be sold on the Grand Exchange in their unchecked form. Once they have been checked, however, they may only be traded directly between players or sold to Raptor, the dragon expert. Six (12 with Senior Master Farmer rank in Farming reputation) can be sold every three days.
Perks[edit | edit source]
Placing an elder dragon of any breed in a large pen with a farm totem grants the perk "Dragon Ultra Combo", granting a 1/1,000 chance of receiving an ancient effigy when checking a fully grown Farming patch that was treated with ultracompost. If elder dragons are placed in two pens with farming totems, the chance is increased to 1/750.
Dragon breeds[edit | edit source]
There are five dragon breeds in the breeding log.
|Breed||Obtaining[b 1]||Produce[b 2]||Produce GE price|
||2 × Green dragonhide (1,735)||3,470|
||2 × Blue dragonhide (2,414)||4,828|
||2 × Red dragonhide (2,849)||5,698|
|Black dragon||2 × Black dragonhide (3,650)||7,300|
|Royal dragon (shiny)||
||2 × Royal dragonhide (4,856)||9,712|
Animal stats[edit | edit source]
|Eats||Raw fish, raw meat|
|Produce||Varies between breeds|
|Muck||Green manure, dragon manure|
|16.67 hours (83.35 hours)|
|Breeding success chance (%)||80%|
(from stage to stage)
|16.8 hours||25.2 hours||50.4 hours||75.6 hours|
|Growth check Farming XP|
|Cured disease Farming XP|
|Base sell price in beans|
|Buyer||Raptor (dragon expert)|
|Last spawn(wrong?)||August 13 2020 00:00 UTC ago|
|Next spawn(wrong?)||August 16 2020 00:00 UTC|
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Honorary Dragonkin ( 20) – Successfully breed a royal dragon.
- You Had a Dragon ( 0) – Complete all dragon breeds.
- Dragonsworn ( 0) – Successfully breed a dragon with the Ravensworn trait.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The release of player-owned farm and these dragons caused a large increase in prices of almost any type of low-level raw fish and raw meat, such as raw shrimps and raw beef.
- A large amount of the names that Dragons are references to various named Dragons in both pop culture and mythological sources.
- Drogon is the name of a dragon featured in A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Meraxes is the name of one of the dragons ridden by Aegon the Conqueror's wives, during the Aegon's Conquest, centuries before the events of A Song of Ice and Fire.
- Drakaina is the name used to describe a female serpent or dragon in Greek mythology.
- Dulcy may be a reference to Dulcy the Dragon, a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog TV series and Archie Comics.
- Tiamat is the name of a Mesopotamian goddess who sometimes takes the form of a dragon. They also appear in the tabletop game Dungeons & Dragons as an antagonistic figure, alongside Bahamut.
- Puff is the name of the dragon from the song Puff, the Magic Dragon.
- Ladon, Leviathan, Lotan, and Typhon are all mythological sea monsters.
- Ridley is the name of the infamous space pirate from the Metroid franchise, whose physiology closely resembles that of a dragon.
- Fafnir is a dwarf from Norse mythology, who is turned into a dragon by cursed gold.
- Nidhogg is the ferocious dragon who gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasil, the tree which supports the nine worlds of Norse mythology.
- Scatha is the name of a long-worm that lived in the Grey Mountains of Middle Earth, until slain by a leader of the ancestors of the Rohirrim.
- Dahaka is derived from Aži Dahāka, the name of a dragon-king in Zoroastrian Persian mythology.
- Orm is a name given to several dragons in the world of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Ryu and Tatsu are Japanese words for "Dragon".
- Orochi is a reference to the Yamata no Orochi, an 8-headed and 8-tailed giant snake from Japanese mythology, where snakes are considered a form of dragon.
- George refers to the tale of Saint George slaying the dragon.
- Sarkan is a reference to the high fantasy novel Uprooted, where Sarkan is a wizard known as "The Dragon"; despite being a male character, the name Sarkan is only present on female dragons.
- Uther refers to Uther Pendragon, the father of King Arthur.
- Vortigan is a reference to a 5th-century warlord of Britain, Vortigern (alternatively spelled Vortigan), and the tale of Merlin and the two dragons found within the Historia Brittonum.
- Lance is a member of the Elite Four who specializes in Dragon-type Pokémon in the Pokémon franchise.
- Errol is the name of the swamp dragon in Guards! Guards!, a fantasy novel by British writer Terry Pratchett, the eighth in the Discworld series, first published in 1989.
- Amaru is a huge double-headed serpent or dragon that dwells underground in Incan mythology.
- Hail may be a reference to DragonVale.
- Tehanu references Tehanu: The Last Book of Earthsea, a fantasy novel by the American author Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Vishap is a dragon in Armenian mythology closely associated with water.
- Zilant is a legendary creature, something between a dragon and a wyvern. Since 1730, it has been the official symbol of Kazan.
- Norbert is the name of a dragon in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
- Scorch and Bernie are both puns relating to fire.
- Zomok is a type of dragon found in Hungarian mythology.
- Albi is a reference to the Flight of the Conchords song Albi the Racist Dragon.