Dharok's helm is melee armour worn in the headwear slot that is part of Dharok the Wretched's set of barrows equipment. To wear Dharok's helm, a player must have 70 Defence.
As it is part of Dharok's Barrows set, if Dharok's helm is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Dharok's barrows set the player receives a special effect. Attacks have a chance of dealing additional damage based on the users current amount of life points. The effect does work with Threshold and Ultimate Abilities, but is greatly reduced. The set effect can only be triggered if the user is under 50% of their maximum health, but wearing an Amulet of the forsaken will remove this condition. As with all Barrows equipment, this item cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|180000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- The chathead for Dharok's helm has been updated to match the new character model.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- A graphical issue with Dharok's helm has now been fixed.
- patch 16 January 2012 (Update):
- Dharok's helm now uses the correct skin tone on female characters.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- After Invention Batch 2, players can now use a whetstone to repair any non-augmented Barrows equipment.