Akrisae the Doomed
|Akrisae the Doomed|
|Release||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|A vengeful spirit, corrupted by dark magic.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|52 / 35 / 17|
6 ticks (3.6s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Not immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Akrisae the Doomed is a member of the Barrows brothers accessible after completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat. He is the wight of Akrisae Kolluym, who was turned by Sliske during Ritual of the Mahjarrat, jumping in the way of Sliske's spell to save the player. Akrisae shares his crypt with Verac the Defiled in the north-west of the Barrows area, only accessible after completing the quest. Both tombs are in separate rooms of the crypt. Akrisae attacks with Magic using his war mace. He is stronger than the brothers as he also uses protection prayers in a similar manner to that of tormented demons.
Akrisae's set effect, Akrisae's Doom, gives him the chance to drain the player's prayer in a similar manner to that of a player wearing an entire set of Guthan the Infested's equipment. When a player not using prayer attacks him and the effect activates, he will say "Ahh, more prayers.". Akrisae attacks using magic and is very accurate, so Protect from Magic/Deflect Magic is advised. Akrisae only uses his magic attack within melee range, so using a stunning ability such as Binding Shot or Impact is very effective in reducing damage. Akrisae also uses protection prayers in accordance to what the player is using - after being dealt with 1500 damage in one combat style, he will immediately pray towards that style, requiring the player to use another combat style to defeat him. Players can hit over the damage cap if they hit fast enough, such as shooting a bolt from a crossbow and then using a quick ability to deal high amounts of damage before he can switch prayers. The ability Smash can temporarily disable his prayers.
Akrisae is weak to Bolts, therefore a strong ranged weapon such as dual ascension crossbows or chaotic crossbows, or a royal crossbow is recommended, alongside another strong weapon such as a chaotic maul or a chaotic staff casting Fire Surge to counter his prayer switching. Abilities such as shadow tendrils, Incendiary shot, Meteor Strike, Overpower and Omnipower are useful to deal large amounts of damage before he switches prayers. If in combat with him long enough he will run out of prayer in a similar fashion to a player.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Akrisae does not drop his main rewards directly; instead, his equipment is added as possible rewards from the Barrows chest. See Barrows#Rewards for more information. However, Akrisae can directly drop the following items.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Ghost hunter goggles||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter body||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter legs||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ghost hunter backpack||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Ectoplasmator (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Deployable herb burner (m)||1||Very rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cremation||1||1/1000||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Players who have completed the Ritual of the Mahjarrat will be placed in an instance of Verac's tomb. This is because his tomb will not appear to players who have not completed it. However, even if you haven't completed the quest, you can still see him in the catacombs.
- There is currently a glitch where if the player uses Destroy or Asphyxiate, Akrisae will not calculate the first hit into his prayer mechanics. This means if the player uses one of these abilities (provided he is not protecting against that ability's combat style), the first hit can do damage, but will not force him to change his protection prayers until the second hit is calculated.
- Unlike the examine texts of the rest of the Barrows brothers, Akrisae's contains a comma in between the words "spirit" and "corrupted".
- When Akrisae appears at the rewards chest, he will say 'You dare steal from us?' with a question mark, unlike the other 6 brothers.
- He may rarely appear during the fight with Gregorovic. It is unknown if there are any conditions to have him appear.
- Until the update that made Sliske's Endgame replayable on 29 January 2018, he was the only Barrows brother not to appear in the quest as the developers had forgotten that he existed.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 17 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 22 January 2019.) Mod Stu: "Had a look at the code: * It only drops on member worlds * Looks like a 1/1,000 drop chance, no modifiers * It just flags a variable and messages "You have unlocked the ability to burn bones on bonfires!", so it's easy to miss you've unlocked it"
- ^ Jagex. [RS3] Sliske's Endgame dev playthrough (SPOILERS!). Twitch.tv. 20 December 2016.*
|Part 6 of the Sliske quest series|