|Release||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges, Use, Drop, Examine|
|Equipped||Remove, Check charges, Examine|
|High alch||9,720 coins|
|Low alch||6,480 coins|
|Karil the Tainted's pistol crossbow.|
|Exchange||920,221 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Karil's pistol crossbow is a one-handed crossbow which requires 70 Ranged to use. It is the main hand version of the original crossbow, and it will only fire bolts from a bolt rack. It is obtained through the Barrows minigame.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 1 June 2015 (Update):
- Players can once again use bolt racks with Karil's pistol crossbows.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- The Grand Exchange info tooltip now correctly reminds you that Karil's pistols can only accept bolt rack ammo.
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- Karil's pistol crossbows now use Bolt racks as ammunition.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- On initial release, Karil's pistol crossbows were untradeable. This was changed on 19 December 2012.