|Release||9 May 2005 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|High alch||168,000 coins|
|Low alch||112,000 coins|
|Torag the Corrupted's platebody armour.|
|Exchange||1,369,372 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Torag's platebody is melee armour worn in the torso slot that is part of Torag The Corrupted's set of barrows equipment. To wear Torag's platebody, a player must have level 70 Defence.
Being part of Torag's barrows set, if Torag's platebody is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Torag's barrows set, the player receives a special attack. Damaging melee attacks have a chance of lowering the victim's run energy by 20%. However, most players will wear the armour and use a weapon other than Torag's hammers, since the set effect is not normally considered useful. This piece of armour cannot be made using Smithing.
Torag's platebody is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|264000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Torag's platebody will no longer clip with the mirror shield.