Verac's plateskirt is melee armour worn in the legwear slot that is part of Verac the Defiled's set of barrows equipment. To wear Verac's plateskirt, a player must have 70 Defence.
Being part of Verac's barrows set, if Verac's plateskirt is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Verac's barrows set the player receives a Set Effect. Attacks have a chance of dealing increased damage(approximately 14%.) On a small amount of specific monsters that use the Protect from melee prayer, the set retains it's Pre-Evolution of Combat effect and has a chance of ignoring them and dealing full damage(most notably the Kalphite queen and Tormented Demon.) This piece of armour cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
This set from the Barrows brothers is the only one of which any/all pieces contain prayer bonuses: if players do not mind mixing up between Barrows armour (just getting them for their high defence), then Verac's helm, platebody and plateskirt have the equal-highest defence of the 4 brothers' armour as well as the prayer bonus.
Verac's plateskirt is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|198000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 100 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Prevented Verac’s plateskirt disappearing while you’re resting.
- patch 5 July 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the Verac plateskirt model when resting.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.