Ahrim's hood is magic armour worn in the headwear slot that is part of Ahrim the Blighted's set of barrows equipment. To wear Ahrim's hood, a player must have 70 Defence and 70 Magic.
Being part of Ahrim's barrows set, if Ahrim's hood is worn along with all of the other pieces of equipment in Ahrim's barrows set the player receives a special effect. Successful Magic attacks have a chance of temporarily lowering the opponent's Strength level. This piece of armour cannot be made using the Smithing skill, but can be obtained as a reward from the Barrows minigame.
- Ahrim's hood is only tradeable when undamaged or fully broken.
- On 4 January 2012, the Ahrim's Set along with all other Barrows equipment received a graphical update.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Barrows equipment degrades as it is used. Equipment received from the Barrows minigame is fully repaired and can be used for 100,000 charges of combat until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Barrows equipment can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Barrows equipment may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Barrows armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH armour stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when operating a Smithing cape.
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|180000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- Optimised some of the code dealing with repairing Barrows items.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Added sounds to help you determine when your Barrows equipment gets broken.
- patch 12 May 2009 (Update):
- Wearing Ahrim's hood should no longer appear to change female players’ faces.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Ahrim's ghostly robes have been further tweaked to be ghostly!