The corrupt dragon scimitar was released on 15 October 2008 along with the PvP worlds. It is the strongest scimitar available to non-members, but it crumbles to dust after 30 minutes of wielding. It requires 60 Attack to wield.
Players can obtain this item either by trading with another player, or by receiving it as a very rare drop from killing Revenants or the Chaos Elemental.
Warning: Once you wield this item for longer than a few seconds, it will have the word (deg) added to its name and it becomes untradeable. Using this item in combat adds the (deg) to its name almost instantly, also rendering it untradeable.
After this item was introduced, its price was about 3 million coins, and the Corrupt dragon battleaxe's was 3.3 million. This was the second most expensive corrupt dragon weapon for years, ahead of the Corrupt dragon longsword but behind the Corrupt dragon battleaxe. It is still fairly popular even after the Evolution of Combat, currently standing as the second most expensive of the corrupt dragon weapons at 58,669 coins, behind only the corrupt dragon spear, as well as being the most expensive one-handed corrupt dragon weapon. However, it is generally not a practical choice to use in PvP scenarios, as both the corrupt dragon dagger and the corrupt dragon mace are both less expensive and have the same stats and attack speed as the scimitar, with the mace also offering a prayer bonus.
The corrupt dragon scimitar does not require completion of Monkey Madness to wield.
- As 30 minutes contains 3000 ticks, you are able to get at most 750 hits with this scimitar before it crumbles into dust. Thus, each hit landed using this weapon costs a minimum of approximately 78 coins.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 20 November 2012 (Update):
- Graphical improvements to corrupt dragon weapons, previously only available in the Evolution of Combat Beta, are now live in the game.
- update 1 December 2010 (Update):
- Corrupt dragon scimitar is graphically updated.
- 17 September 2009 (Update):
- Corrupt dragon scimitar's animations and model are updated. Prior to this, corrupt dragon scimitar resembled dragon scimitar before its graphical update on 28 July 2009.
- 11 November 2008 (Update):
- Previous examine text "A vicious, curved sword." is replaced with "This item degrades while worn, and will turn to dust.".