The corrupt dragon spear was released on 15 October 2008, along with the
PvP worlds. It is the strongest and was the only spear available to non-members at its release, followed by the spears that can be obtained during the Dungeoneering skill. It is also the most damaging weapon available to non-members. The corrupt dragon spear crumbles to dust after 30 minutes of wielding. It requires 60 Attack to wield. This spear, like all spears, attacks at the same rate as any battleaxe or two-handed sword, with a normal attack interval of 3.6 seconds.
Players can obtain this item either by trading with another player, or by receiving it as a very rare drop from killing Revenants or the Chaos Elemental.
When a player is killed with the degraded version of this weapon, coins (amount dependent on grand exchange price) are dropped instead of the spear. This is a good method to get a partial refund of the weapon's price as you cannot trade the degraded version.
Warning: Once you wield this item for 3 or more seconds, it will have the word (deg) added to its name and it becomes untradeable. Using this item in combat adds the (deg) to its name almost instantly, also rendering it untradeable.
It is more expensive than the normal version because it is the most accurate (along with other corrupt dragon weapons) and highest Damage weapon in F2P.
This spear is noticeably stronger and more accurate than the Gravite 2h sword, and is considered the deadliest weapon in Free-to-play.
- As 30 minutes contains 3000 ticks, you are able to get at most 500 auto-attacks with this spear before it crumbles into dust. Thus, each hit landed using this weapon costs a minimum of approximately 325 coins.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- The corrupt dragon spear was featured in the RuneScape Quiz #5. The question about the spear was: "What is the Strength bonus bestowed by the Corrupt Dragon Spear?". The highest percentage of voters (45%) answered 55, while the correct strength bonus was 60 (which 34% of people answered).
- Following the release of EOC, the corrupt dragon spear became the most powerful weapon for F2Pers. The previous being the Gravite 2h sword. Due to the rarity of revenant hunters in both free and members worlds, along with recent combat buffs to revenants, the spear has increased tremendously in price, surpassing even the Corrupt dragon battleaxe. One should be wary that the street price may be higher than the price shown on the Grand Exchange.