The dragon pickaxe is a pickaxe that requires 60 Attack to wield and level 60 Mining to use. It takes a minimum of 1.8 seconds to gather ore from rocks with this pickaxe.
Dragon pickaxes are very rare drops from monsters on the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield after completion of Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf, and Chaos Giants after Birthright of the Dwarves. The quests do not need to be completed in order to use the pickaxe. They are also a possible reward from the Triskelion Treasures and the Motherlode Maw. The ring of wealth does not affect the chance to get the pickaxe as a drop.
The dragon pickaxe can be gilded by the Liquid gold nymph after receiving the full golden mining suit. The gilded dragon pickaxe cannot be lent and gives no bonuses over the regular pickaxe, but is required to make an Imcando pickaxe.
The dragon pickaxe can permanently be upgraded to a crystal pickaxe by talking to Lady Ithell in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas at the cost of 4,000 harmonic dust.
The pickaxe can be stored on a tool belt. Players who wish to augment a dragon pickaxe already on their tool belt may right-click it in their toolbelt to remove it.
Orikalkum pickaxe + 3 has the exact same stats and Mining level requirement, and is much cheaper. However, it cannot be augmented or used in the creation of stronger untradeable pickaxes.
The dragon pickaxe has a drop rate of 1/5,000 from the monsters at the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield. It is a rarer drop from chaos giants.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- The dragon pickaxe's stab and crush animations are no longer in the wrong order.
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- You can now use a dragon pickaxe during a fight in the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 20 January 2015. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2018.) Mod Timbo: "Dragon Pickaxe: 1/5,000 | Blood Necklace Shard: ~1/500 normal Edimmu or ~1/50 from super Edimmu and the big one..."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Timbo's Twitter account. 26 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 27 January 2019.) Mod Timbo: "No, it is rarer from Chaos Giants than it is on the battlefield." In response to the question: "Wiki states the dragon pickaxe is a 1:5k drop rate...does this apply across the board to all monsters that drop it? Even the chaos giants?"