The dragon halberd is a halberd that requires level 60 Attack and completion of Regicide to wield. Like all halberds, the dragon halberd has the ability to attack from two squares away, and thus the only dragon melee weapon usable for safespotting. It can be purchased from the Quartermaster at Tyras Camp for 325,000 coins, but can be bought from the Grand Exchange or another player for a substantially lower price.
The weapon's extra square of reach and high offensive bonuses make it useful for fighting certain large monsters from safe spots. Its downsides include the quest requirement to wield it, the fact that it is a two-handed weapon (and thus cannot be wielded with a shield or off-hand weapon) and its slow attack speed.
The dragon halberd's special attack makes it a fantastic choice of weapon when fighting lots of enemies in a confined space such as the Abyss, especially when used in conjunction with other abilities such as Hurricane and Quake.
This item is not augmentable.
The area of the special attack's effect.
The dragon halberd's special attack, Sweep
The dragon halberd has a special attack called Sweep, which swipes all the targets in front of the player (similar to Cleave, but with a larger area) twice, and the area doesn't seem to be affected by whether an opponent 1 or 2 squares away is targeted. The special attack uses 30% adrenaline and deals 45-185% damage each hit, or 90-370% total per target.
Unlike before the Evolution of Combat, the size of the opponent does not matter.
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 22 November 2021 (Update):
- This item's special attack no longer shares its cooldown with Cleave
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- The dragon halberd special attack now deals the correct amount of damage in PvP situations.
- patch 1 February 2011 (Update):
- This item’s special attack no longer hits the wrong players.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon's special attack was a wide slash with increased strength that hit multiple enemies if they were lined up correctly (in a multi-combat zone), and would hit larger monsters twice.
- The dragon halberd has the exact same stats and same style as a dragon 2h sword and Balmung but has an extra square of reach, making the dragon halberd always superior to those with the requirements, unless one is fighting dagannoths.