|Release||7 December 2010 (Update)|
|A defensive weapon that can parry attacks, reducing damage and increases the accuracy of your next hit.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The dragon defender is the eighth and final defender obtained in the Warriors' Guild, and is held in the off-hand in place of a shield. It is dropped by Cyclopes on the top floor of the Warriors' Guild, but only if the player is wielding or carrying a rune defender or higher. Like all defenders, it allows the use of both dual-wielding and shield abilities, and provides a 3% accuracy boost.
All defenders have style and defence bonuses equal to that of half their tier.
Wielding a rune or dragon defender can cause a Cyclossus to spawn, which has a much higher drop rate of the dragon defender. In addition, using the multi-token option in the cyclopes room increases the chance of receiving a dragon defender as well as encountering a cyclossus.
Some players choose to train combat on cyclopes. They should note that wearing a dragon defender whilst fighting the cyclopes may lead to the summoning of a cyclossus. Many players consider fighting the cyclossus difficult, troublesome, and costly in terms of food. Players who desire to train on cyclopes, but do not wish to confront a cyclossus, should use alternatives such as an off-hand weapon or shield. Also, they may choose to use a two-handed weapon; do note acquiring a dragon defender requires a rune or dragon defender to be wielded or in the player's inventory.
If one were to open the loot chest of the Barrows minigame when a dragon defender or better is equipped or in the player's inventory, there is a chance that the corruption sigil may drop, which can be combined with different (new or fully repaired) barrows weapons in order to further upgrade the tier 60 dragon defender to a tier 70 melee/magic/ranged equivalent.
- Combining it with Dharok’s greataxe, Verac's flail, Guthan's spear, or Torag's hammer creates a corrupted defender
- Combining it with Ahrim's staff creates a blighted rebounder
- Combining it with Karil's crossbow creates a tainted repriser
When using the defender in combat, it will randomly block a hit, similar to Saradominist and Zamorakian warpriest armour. This effect was added with the release of Legacy Mode. This has a chance of 1/15, reduces damage by 50%-100% and provides +20% accuracy for the next attack.
A dragon defender is used during a master emote clue step. This item is stored together with the Dragon Rider amulet and any colour Dragon mask in the hidey-hole inside the Dragontooth Island resource dungeon (south-east corner).
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|60 , 60|
|Armour||113.2||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Cyclops||57; 63; 68; 91||1||Uncommon|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Defenders, reprisers, and rebounders|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 16 October 2017 (Update):
- hotfix 9 October 2017 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A player can get as many dragon defenders as they wish; however, they must have another rune or dragon defender in their inventory or wielded.
- The dragon defender used the same blade as the dragon scimitar before its third graphical update.
- If killed in red portal clan wars each Dragon Defender turns into 1,000 coins for the killer.
- The dragon defender was very popular before the Evolution of Combat because it was the best of the defenders, which were the only off-hand melee weapon in the game at the time.
Defenders, reprisers, and rebounders