The corrupt dragon helm was released on 15 October 2008 along with the PvP worlds. It is the strongest medium helm available to non-members, but it will crumble to dust after being worn for 30 minutes. It is for this reason that many players choose to cast the High Alchemy spell on the corrupt dragon armour pieces just before they turn to dust to recover some of the cost from purchasing them. The Corrupt dragon helm requires 60 Defence to wear.
Players can obtain this item either by trading with another player, or receiving it as a very rare drop from killing Revenants and the Chaos Elemental.
Warning: Once equipped for longer than a few seconds, it will have the word (deg) added to its name and it becomes untradeable. Using this item in combat adds the (deg) to its name almost instantly, also rendering it untradeable. If allowed to degrade to dust, it costs 119,030 per hour to use.
Once it starts degrading, its alchemy value is immediately reduced to 60%. By using an external timer, players can keep track of how long the item has been used (pausing the timer when it is unequipped). Assuming use of staff of fire or equivalent, high alching it right before it degrades to dust would cost 76,560 per hour of use (slightly higher in practice, as it would be wise to err on the side of caution and leave a bit of spare usage time remaining). Explorer's ring 4 is helpful as it can cast High Level Alchemy for free 15 times per day and is also the strongest F2P ring in combat.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Stretching issues with corrupt dragon helms have been fixed.
- On 10 November 2008 the price of the corrupt dragon helm shot up by over 300%, over one million higher than the previous day. It exactly matched the price of the corrupt dragon chainbody. This was corrected by Jagex the next day and the price was set to its former value.
- Despite its name and stats, the corrupt dragon helm more closely resembles a dragon full helm than it does a standard dragon helmet.