Brawling gloves (Agility)
|Brawling gloves (Agility)|
|Release||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||Your brawling gloves are fragile and will disappear if you drop them. Are you sure you want to drop them?|
|Backpack||Wear, Check-Charges, Use, Destroy, Examine|
|Equipped||Remove, Check charges, Examine|
|High alch||30,000 coins|
|Low alch||20,000 coins|
|On death||Always lost|
|A pair of gloves that gives you bonus Agility xp.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
Brawling gloves (Agility) (also known as Agility brawling gloves) are obtained as a rare drop from revenants in the Forinthry Dungeon, the Wilderness shared loot table, the Chaos Elemental, and from opening a sack of very wild rewards.
When worn, players receive a 50% experience boost to Agility. Most experience modifiers stack multiplicatively with the gloves (e.g. clan avatar gives up to 106% experience and brawling gloves 150% for a total of 159% experience). Upgrading the Infernal Puzzle Box to tier 4 provides an additional 25% experience boost to all brawling gloves. The gloves do not work during Double XP Live or with the enlightenment aura.
The gloves don't work with silverhawk boots when using silverhawk feathers. Silverhawk boots will not trigger when the gloves are equipped and doing the usual various activities to get them to trigger, resulting in no experience gained whatsoever. It is not known whether this is intended or not.
The gloves last 439 uses on any Agility obstacle. To maximise the experience gained from the gloves, they should only be worn during the last obstacle of a course. Two charges are used upon finishing a section, and three charges upon crossing the last obstacle at the Anachronia Agility Course. They can also be used on Agility skill training dummies.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Suggested use[edit | edit source]
|Method||Base XP per action||Total base XP||Total base XP (with )||Notes|
|Agility skill training dummy||3,846 (level 99 )||2,532,591||2,954,689.5||Requires Treasure Hunter rewards.|
Takes 2.4 hours to use completely.
|Barberry picking||1,545 (level 99 )||1,017,382.5||1,186,946.3||Cost of 439 barberry seeds and supercompost: −374,467|
Significantly longer real time to use the gloves, due to having to wait 3 hours 20 minutes growth time for each harvest. With 5 bush patches, this takes a total 293.3 hours.
|Last obstacle of the Hefin Agility Course
with the Voice of Seren active
(+249 Prayer) (level 97+ )
|655,866||765,177||Cost of 3 perfect juju agility potions (4): −21,219|
Due to greater XP at the end of course, you should wield the brawling gloves only at the last obstacle of the course.
|Last obstacle of the Wilderness Agility Course||498.9||328,525.7||383,279.9||Due to greater XP at the end of course, you should wield the brawling gloves only at the last obstacle of the course.
The demonic skull does not stack with Brawling gloves (Agility). If both are equipped you will just gain the bonus from the demonic skull.
|Last obstacle of the Anachronia Agility Course, with the tier 3 spa built||15,500||10,206,750||11,907,875||Due to greater XP at the end of course, you should wield the brawling gloves only at the last obstacle of the course. This however will use 3 charges at a time.|
Takes 17.1 hours to use completely, assuming 7-minute laps.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Brawling gloves (Agility)|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 13 March 2023 (Update):
- Brawling Gloves no longer function based on the Wilderness level you are in, and now just boost the XP rate by the base amount.
- Brawling Gloves are no longer obtainable outside of the Wilderness.
- ninja 27 May 2014 (Update):
- Spirit gems, Treasure Hunter keys, brawling gloves and warpriest gear will now all show loot beams when dropped. Spirit gems and treasure hunter keys can be filtered out by setting your loot beam minimum value to over 50,000.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 13 October 2009, it was impossible to keep the gloves upon death, as players could not access the course in Bounty Hunter Worlds and Protect item was negated in PvP worlds. Chances of death are also high, as the agility course is a hot spot for PKers. The update on 13 October allowed players to access the course on Bounty Worlds.
|Corrupt dragon equipment|
|Ancient Warriors' equipment|
|Corrupt Ancient Warriors' equipment|
- Members' items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are never kept on death
- Untradeable items
- Tierless equipment
- Hand slot items
- Typeless armour
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Cover parts
- Items that disassemble into Simple parts
- Items that disassemble into Padded parts
- Items that disassemble into Variable components
- Disassemble category/clothing
- Revenant items
- Experience items