The dragon kiteshield is a melee shield made of dragon metal. It can be obtained as rare drop from the Queen Black Dragon, as a reward from the Motherlode Maw, or from opening a metamorphic geode.
A dragon kiteshield can be combined with a dragon kite ornament kit (or) to make a gold-trimmed dragon kiteshield (or), or with a dragon kite ornament kit (sp) to make a spiked dragon kiteshield (sp). None of these cosmetic enhancements change the stats in any way.
Due to the Evolution of Combat, the Toktz-ket-xil has the exact armour rating and life point boost, and is cheaper and lighter, thus making the dragon kiteshield a more expensive alternative. Compared with the Dragon sq shield, which is around the same price as the kiteshield, it is more convenient to use the kiteshield as there is no need for players to complete Legends' Quest to equip it, alongside having slightly superior stats.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- Dragon kites no longer stay still when using the squirrel ears juggling emote.
- The shield's release was first confirmed definitively in a post by Mod Ajd on Jagex's Youtube channel in the summer of 2010. However, the post emphasized that it would not be added until an ideal method of releasing it was developed.
- The dragon kiteshield has been requested and spoken of by players since the introduction of dragon equipment. Jagex referenced this through an April Fools joke on 1 April 2008, during which Diango was said to be selling "dragon kites," a slang term often applied to dragon kiteshields. When Diango was spoken to, it was revealed that these were in fact toy kites bearing a dragon symbol.
- An anagram of dragon kiteshield, "a soldiered knight", was mentioned in Chaos Elemental Letter 16, hinting that it would be dropped by the Queen Black Dragon, which was confirmed in the May 2012 Behind the Scenes.