|Release||10 April 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||15,600 coins|
|Low alch||10,400 coins|
|A salty sword.|
|Exchange||36,845 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The brine sabre is a weapon that is dropped by brine rats after starting Olaf's Quest. One does not need to complete Olaf's Quest to wield the sword, however. It simply requires an Attack level of 40 to wield. Its stats are identical to those of the adamant longsword.
This weapon has a special attack, Liquefy, which can only be used underwater.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The brine sabre's special attack is Liquefy. This uses 75% adrenaline and doubles the chance of a successful hit, while also increasing Attack, Strength and Defence proportional to the damage dealt. The level boost caps at around 12 additional levels.
This special attack can only be used in underwater locations such as:
- The Mogre Camp, which can be entered during and after the Recipe for Disaster quest by talking to Murphy in Port Khazard.
- The underwater tunnel on Harmony Island.
- The Dragontooth Shipwreck.
- The 'Rum'geon, where it is particularly effective against 'Rum'-pumped crabs.
- The Shadow Reef.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||56.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 11 April 2012 (Update):
- Players are no longer told they need to complete Olaf's Quest to wield a brine sabre in the Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 10 February 2009 (Update):
- The skill guide entry and wield requirements referring to the brine sabre have been corrected.
|Related to the Fremennik quest series|
Main hand slash weapons
|Dyed drygore longswords|