For this item's upgraded variants, see +1
A rune longsword is a tier 50 melee main-hand weapon. It requires level 50 Attack to wield.
It can be made at a forge and anvil using 2 rune bars, requiring 1,200 progress to complete, granting a total of 480 Smithing experience. It can be upgraded to a rune longsword + 1 with another 2 bars.
|480 XP||-||Varies [r 1]||19,993|
| Smithing level||50|
| Must be performed at an anvil|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- update 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Appearance and attack animations of the rune longsword are updated.
- patch 29 September 2008 (Update):
- The range of items that one can lend to other players has been expanded. These include a small amount of newer Treasure Trail items as well as some old ones, dragon spears and most rune and granite armour and weapons.
- On 23 July 2009, five days before the scheduled update, the rune longsword image in the Grand Exchange database was replaced by the new model. Players found the image and posted about it in the RuneScape Forums, making it widely known before Jagex removed the image a few hours later. Five days later the image was once again put up along with the official release.
- Like most other swords, on 12 April 2011, the rune longsword received an update changing its grip when held by a player.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat the rune longsword was widely considered to be the second-best non-degrading non-members weapon, surpassed only by the rune scimitar. However, this belief was controversial because many players considered the rune sword (rune shortsword), which has the same attack speed as the scimitar, to be superior.