Abyssal vine whip
|Abyssal vine whip|
|Release||12 July 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||162,000 coins|
|Low alch||108,000 coins|
|A weapon from the Abyss, interlaced with a vicious jade vine.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The vine itself can be traded, but the abyssal vine whip is not tradeable. Players may attach the vine to dyed whips too. The vine may be removed from the whip at any time using the "split" option.
The vine whip has improved stats compared to the regular abyssal whip: It has tier 75 accuracy and damage compared to the original tier 70. Despite this, it only costs 179,067 coins, and it is quite powerful for its price. Additionally, it has a different special attack to the regular abyssal whip.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|75 , 80|
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Special attack[edit | edit source]
The abyssal vine whip's special attack is Vine Call, which costs 60% adrenaline that strikes the opponent for 20-100% damage, and summons a vine that hits the opponent 10 times with 125% of the user's accuracy, and deals 6.5-33% ability damage each hit over time. Unequipping the abyssal vine whip will cancel the damage over time. The attack can hit up to 3 enemies at once, so long as they are within range of the vine. The player is able to activate the vine whip special attack approximately 50 tiles away from the target, however this will only apply the damage over time. It is unknown if this is intentional. When used with an essence of finality and a halberd, the special attack can hit at least 6 enemies at once.
Dying in the Wilderness[edit | edit source]
In the event that a player is killed in the Wilderness while wielding an abyssal vine whip, the winner of the fight will get an abyssal whip and a whip vine as two separate drops. If using the Protect Item prayer, the whip vine is saved over the abyssal whip.
Re-colouring[edit | edit source]
Players can get a normal abyssal whip painted after unlocking the ability to recolour whips from Barbarian Assault, requiring 50 Honour Points in each role to unlock. Then, a player may attach the whip vine to the painted whip, becoming a painted version of the abyssal vine whip. Painting a whip will not modify its stats.
To remove the whip's paint and make it tradeable again, split the vine from the whip, then use a cleaning cloth on the regular painted whip to remove its paint.
- Abyssal vine whip (yellow)
- Abyssal vine whip (blue)
- Abyssal vine whip (green)
- Abyssal vine whip (white)
Creation[edit | edit source]
|? XP edit||-||?||-|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 August 2020 (Update):
- The Vine Whip special attack will no longer occur when switching to Magic or Ranged attack styles. It is still possible to increase the AoE radius by using appropriate Melee weapons.
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
- The keep-on-death interface now better reflects the costs of the abyssal vine whip and ornate and spiky treasure trail items.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- The abyssal vine whip special attack no longer works when switching weapons. As such, the special attack has been made more damaging.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the abyssal vine whip had a requirement of 85 Attack and 80 Slayer. Despite this, its stats were inferior to the level 80 chaotic weapons. The whip also had a poison effect, without needing to apply weapon poison to it.
Main hand slash weapons
|Dyed drygore longswords|
|Slayer Equipment shop|